1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Asking your girlfriend how many guys shes been with...

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by MarkI, May 11, 2010.

1. VelvetGreen

VelvetGreen Senior member

Be a man. Control the things you can and don't worry about the things you can't.

Good stuff.

By the way... to be clear: there is no double standard regarding men and women sleeping around. This is why. If a woman were to tell her friends, "Hey, I'm going down to the local bar, find a guy, take him back to my place and f*ck the crap out of him" her friends would be unimpressed, perhaps disgusted, and certainly not view this as an accomplishment. FWIW, any reasonable looking woman (even slightly overweight etc.) could go into a bar, meet a reasonably good-looking guy or better and have sex with him that night if she wanted. This is not difficult at all for her.

For a guy, this is quite different. For most guys, meeting a woman and convincing her to come back to his place, get naked and have sex with him is an exercise in marketing, negotiating (perhaps adding "sweeteners" like free drinks, etc.), and persuasion. It is, in short, regardless of how you look at it morally, an accomplishment. In general, it is not easy.

So that is why the man with many notches is viewed as a stud, and the comparable woman a slut. She has shown no ability in sleeping with a man, but instead the exact opposite--she has shown no self-restraint. Showing self-restraint is the "difficult" task of the woman. She may want sex, but to refrain--defend from the lust-driven advances of the horny male--is the accomplishment.

It is not unlike a battle to take a castle. There are the knights poised to try to enter it, and there are the castle's defenses on the ready trying to prevent the invasion. Today's women have the drawbridge down and a sign flashing "come on in!!!!"

Today's society is trying to say that a woman need not show restraint anymore, essentially ridding her of an opportunity to show her high quality.

^^ Extremely perspicacious.

2. Homme

Homme Senior member

Thread brings to mind this quote from Ulysses:

3. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

4. mordecai

mordecai Senior member

[​IMG] The humor of that book is lost on so many [​IMG]

5. mellow

mellow Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm a hippie when it comes to this kind of business but IMHO...

1. I don't really care, I wouldn't ask in the first place.
    2. I don't buy into the ritual internet-hazing of the "post-feminist", "modern woman" or other such terms. It's a bunch of noise stacked on top some antiquated and imaginary rules that circulate in a very particular level of society.

People like having sex, some more than others. In your life you'll meet men and women who have had a lot of sex and others who haven't.

6. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I care which is exactly why I wouldn't ask.

7. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Maybe I'm a hippie when it comes to this kind of business but IMHO...

1. I don't really care, I wouldn't ask in the first place.
    2. I don't buy into the ritual internet-hazing of the "post-feminist", "modern woman" or other such terms. It's a bunch of noise stacked on top some antiquated and imaginary rules that circulate in a very particular level of society.

People like having sex, some more than others. In your life you'll meet men and women who have had a lot of sex and others who haven't.

You've been here for over three years, and made 15 posts.
    And this one ^ is really good.

Sit down; stay awhile.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

9. SeanathonHuff

SeanathonHuff Senior member

is it rude to ask about current or past STDs? sorry if this has come up before. I say current sexual health is 100% fair game, past not so much. I've always wondered how this topic comes up in the early stages of a relationship, particularly from a female currently afflicted by an STD (short or long-term). I always feel bad for my HPV+ female friends because contracting it doesn't imply bad hygiene or carelessness. [​IMG] One advantages & disadvantage of being part of a college community is knowing the sexual tendencies of the people in it through time & circumstance. There is much more transparancy than with co-workers or other individuals. Most of the time I would agree that ignorance is bliss, but sometimes it is possible to be impressed. To me, circulation makes the price go down. I'm probably crazy & self-obsessed, or gay. For my purposes, however, I think there is some minor, insignificant truth to the lock & key analogy [vagina = lock, penis = key. A great key opens a bunch of locks, a bad lock is opened by many keys]. I understand that plenty of mature women are capable of having sex without developing feelings, but many women aren't; for these more traditional, emotional girls to be selective during their past's implies they've adhered to some sort of rubric in selecting men, or that they did not fall for the fronts that guys presented in an attempt to have sex with them. I fully appreciate & support the ability of some women to have fun hooking up, but an emotionally needy girl's long-term interests generally involve the development of gradual relationships. Ceteris paribus, fewer partners implies more selectivity in initiating relationships & longer relationship duration. These correlations imply other good traits, but I don't want to bore everyone with a relatively insignificant topic. I'm just trying to contribute something from the long-term, "would I wife" perspective (the way I generally see things). Almost none of what I've said applies to my interpretation of potential casual relationships, something I generally avoid but could conceivably become involved in. Power to the people who enjoy casual relationships! Except for its repercussions regarding hygiene or STDs, the 'sexual experience' topic is full of nitpicking about relatively meaningless stuff. As a species, though, we obviously care about it: evolution has a way of instilling within us certain knee-jerk 'morals' that we tend to rationalize, but I'm glad the people in this thread seem fairly liberal as to women's behavior. Knowing that a sexually selective girl has set her sights on you also boosts one's ego, but that's another story.

10. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Definitely not rude to ask about STD history.

11. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Can MarkI's girlfriend count groups as one person? Otherwise he might be a little bit saddened by the answer....

12. unjung

unjung Senior member

Definitely not rude to ask about STD history.

Why? If there's a current concern, sure. But stuff that's in the past?

13. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Asking your girlfriend how many guys shes been with...?

I keep asking and the number keeps changing. [​IMG]

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I keep asking and the number keeps changing. [​IMG]

Hopefully it isn't trending upwards.

15. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

just ask your girl how much cawk, in yardage, she has taken over her lifetime. Then you can do the math that makes you feel better. You can look at it as a small number of "large" guys or a larger number of "small" guys. Whatever works for you.

16. gort

gort Senior member

I always feel bad for my HPV+ female friends because contracting it doesn't imply bad hygiene or carelessness. [​IMG]

Doesn't some surprisingly large percentage of the population have HPV and not even know it?

17. Eustace

Eustace Senior member

just ask your girl how much cawk, in yardage, she has taken over her lifetime. Then you can do the math that makes you feel better. You can look at it as a small number of "large" guys or a larger number of "small" guys. Whatever works for you.

Genius.

18. MetroStyles

These are antediluvian measurements! I use "total cubic inches pumped", or more technically "Total Cock Stuffage".

[​IMG]

19. wootx

wootx Senior member

^ well that is quite simplicistic, since it's not a perfect cilinder.
    a more exact approximation would be to calculate its volume by considering the shaft a simple cilinder, whereas the head is more similar to a praboloid.

to calculate the volume of the shaft (shaft stuffage?) V₁:
    V₁ = πG₁²ℓ₁

to obtain the volume of the head V₂:
    V₂ = (πG₂²ℓ₂)/2

this yields the total volume V is:
    V = πG₁²ℓ₁ + (πG₂²ℓ₂)/2.

G is the girth;
    ℓ is the length.

total cubic inches received R can then be calculated by means of the following equation:
    R = {summation from i=1 to n of} ViPi;
    where:
    Pi is the total pumps number

this method might be a bit more complex since you're supposed to guess the head size too, but provides for a better approximation of your significant other "total cock stuffage" index.

20. MetroStyles

^ well that is quite simplicistic, since it's not a perfect cilinder.
    a more exact approximation would be to calculate its volume by considering the shaft a simple cilinder, whereas the head is more similar to a praboloid.

to calculate the volume of the shaft (shaft stuffage?) V₁:
    V₁ = πG₁²ℓ₁

to obtain the volume of the head V₂:
    V₂ = (πG₂²ℓ₂)/2

this yields the total volume V is:
    V = πG₁²ℓ₁ + (πG₂²ℓ₂)/2.

G is the girth;
    ℓ is the length.

total cubic inches received R can then be calculated by means of the following equation:
    R = {summation from i=1 to n of} ViPi;
    where:
    Pi is the total pumps number

this method might be a bit more complex since you're supposed to guess the head size too, but provides for a better approximation of your significant other "total cock stuffage" index.

Your contribution has been noted. Next year's edition of the "Cock Stuffage Almanac" will include your advanced metric.