• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Askandyaboutclothes.com

rayk

Reaction score
I don't know how someone could get a thrill going off like that on a style website. It's pretty weird, as well as disturbing.

FCS

Reaction score
It could happen here too, unfortunately.

Mitch D

Reaction score
I don't ever recall there being a troll problem at Andy's site -- before tonight. Server problems,and slow downloading,sure. Just some kid with nothing better to do,I guess.
confused.gif

rayk

Reaction score
Let's hope that if ignored, he'll slither off in search of more stimulating venues.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is why I like this forum's no-nonsense moderation. If they migrate here, I wholeheartedly support their banning.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is why I like this forum's no-nonsense moderation. If they migrate here, I wholeheartedly support their banning.
Andy put his foot down on one of the threads last week, and I'm sure he'll lower the hammer on this nimrod when he checks in again.

And I hope that the bastard was stupid enough to facilitate Andy raining down his furious vengeance upon him.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I emailed Andy a couple of hours ago about it. I suspect it being a Saturday night he probably has a real life and isn't attached to his computer (like me.).

It really is ridiculous.

fareau

Reaction score
Andy put his foot down on one of the threads last week, and I'm sure he'll lower the hammer on this nimrod when he checks in again.

And I hope that the bastard was stupid enough to facilitate Andy raining down his furious vengeance upon him.
How can he stop the guy? What's to stop him from creating new identities and signing in? It seems you can only hope that he gets burned out with this idiocy.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How can he stop the guy? What's to stop him from creating new identities and signing in? It seems you can only hope that he gets burned out with this idiocy.
Hopefully, Andy's site is logging the IPs of the posters as they post. Given the IP and the time of the post, he may be able to figure out which ISP the poster is using, and the ISP may be able to figure out which actual user is doing the posting and may be willing to take punitive action against him. Regardless, Andy can certainly delete the users on his site who are doing the offensive posting, and he might be able to prevent other userids from being created if the poster is from a particular IP. I suppose that all of this depends on the quality of Andy's board software, but he's not helpless.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think he needs another moderator. I don't know who 'Malinda' is, but she hasn't said a word since the forum began. If trolling threads are deleted as soon as is humanly possible, I think, it gives a clearer message.

sleeper

Reaction score
To be honest, I think that the best thing is to ignore them, and not ban them or delete their threads, and they will eventually get bored and go away. So it makes sense for Andy and the moderator not to do anything.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found 'em.

EDIT: Link removed, so they can't backtrack through server logs. Will put it back in later...

Gonna e-mail the site's host...

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
To be honest, I think that the best thing is to ignore them, and not ban them or delete their threads, and they will eventually get bored and go away. So it makes sense for Andy and the moderator not to do anything.
If you ignore them, you end up with a board like the GQ Forum. This is a denial-of-service attack, and ignoring such miscreance encourages more of it.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sent their 'forum invasion' thread to Andy - as well as saving what was left of it, so they can't claim it never was - I guess he can do with it whatever he wishes...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads