• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

mkn

Reaction score

Can anyone assist me in finding a pair which are similar to the JMM Leowy's? I was about to pull the trigger on these but after looking at the size of the frames, they seem way too small for me. I like the way the lens is recessed in the frame and the lightness of the shades.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@sinnedk I like those Masunagas a LOT. Those are the Swing, right? I don't think I could quite pull those off as a daily-wearer myself, but if I wanted a second pair for the occasional business trip or something those would be sweet.

I've finally joined the crew. Replacing my 10-year-old Burberries with Mykita Nigels:
mykita_no1_rx_nigel_graphite_1502625_p_1_01.jpg

Part of me still doesn't believe that spring hinge is going to hold up well over time, but they'd know better than me.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@sinnedk I like those Masunagas a LOT. Those are the Swing, right? I don't think I could quite pull those off as a daily-wearer myself, but if I wanted a second pair for the occasional business trip or something those would be sweet.

I've finally joined the crew. Replacing my 10-year-old Burberries with Mykita Nigels:
mykita_no1_rx_nigel_graphite_1502625_p_1_01.jpg

Part of me still doesn't believe that spring hinge is going to hold up well over time, but they'd know better than me.

hey bud, thanks, the masunaga are ny life so a little smaller than the swing (i just checked).

Those mykita look good! I tried on several mykita and the spring hinge threw me off as well but all of them are like that so i presume it will be all good.

I was trying to specifically get acetate this time around and i saw some SALTs that i liked, masunaga O&X and bunch of others whose names i forget. But, I decided to go for the jacques marie mage this time because i wanted something a bit more bold and they just looked good on my face. I liked a lot of that brand's stuff, thankfully insurance covered a good chunk.

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're gonna love them - mykitas and a siimlar spring hinge brands (ic berlin) are super lightweight / comfortable and have practically been indestructible for me. ragrets not switching from my super heavy pairs of Dita & thom browne ones way earlier

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Can anyone assist me in finding a pair which are similar to the JMM Leowy's? I was about to pull the trigger on these but after looking at the size of the frames, they seem way too small for me. I like the way the lens is recessed in the frame and the lightness of the shades.

have you tried looking up the stores that carry them here https://jacquesmariemage.com/stores/ and calling around?

the Leowy's must be an older model maybe email JMM directly about them?

quick google search led me to this https://www.beige-habilleur.com/en/accessories/1160-jacques-marie-mage-loewy-lava.html

AmyGarden

Reaction score
Helloo everybody!
I just wanted to tell you how the story ends :rotflmao:
Finally I decided to pick Moody Eyewear, because he really seems interest in the brand. The model calls 'Steve' and it's made in acetate, is color green with some 'scratch' in some parts of the frames. It's also has some vintage vibes but not so strong as the other model, It's really really nice and he love it! Also it comes in a beautiful package and the the shipping was really fast.
Sorry for my delay in telling you and thanks :)

Attachments

• PHOTO-2019-08-20-20-25-34 6.jpg
    PHOTO-2019-08-20-20-25-34 6.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 58
  • PHOTO-2019-08-20-20-25-34.jpg
    PHOTO-2019-08-20-20-25-34.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 62
  • PHOTO-2019-08-20-20-25-34 3.jpg
    PHOTO-2019-08-20-20-25-34 3.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 54
  • PHOTO-2019-08-20-20-25-34 2.jpg
    PHOTO-2019-08-20-20-25-34 2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 104
  • PHOTO-2019-08-20-20-25-34 5.jpg
    PHOTO-2019-08-20-20-25-34 5.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 113

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Helloo everybody!
I just wanted to tell you how the story ends :rotflmao:
Finally I decided to pick Moody Eyewear, because he really seems interest in the brand. The model calls 'Steve' and it's made in acetate, is color green with some 'scratch' in some parts of the frames. It's also has some vintage vibes but not so strong as the other model, It's really really nice and he love it! Also it comes in a beautiful package and the the shipping was really fast.
Sorry for my delay in telling you and thanks :)
Glad you found something he likes. In the end it's all about making him happy, so if he's happy you're happy and we're happy.

Everyone happy.

MatthewBrown

Reaction score
Hello experts, any ideas/thoughts on brand/model of these transparent frame glasses? (pictures NASA astronaut Christina Koch) Thanks

Attachments

• KK1.jpg
    KK1.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 168
  • KK2.jpg
    KK2.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 187

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads