• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

CWV

Reaction score
Thx guys! I think I’ll keep the Polo for now.
I also chekedLasca, Moscow and Garrettnout. Lasca was in French amd hard to navigate on my iPad, Moscot was maybe a bit too old looking though it had the blessing to have some presence in my country, I liked Garrett quite a bit for what I saw. Is there asite where to find these brand discounted? Do they have sale events like black friday or something on those lines? I think that I’ll buy some, but a discount would be great. I also liked that Garrett offer Clíp one on the same style, that brings down the cost of havingto have a prescription sunglass.
in another thread someone recommended my Persol a time ago. Specially because, he said, they have some flexible parts. That appeals to me because Mimi squally impaired to I bang my head onto things from time to time and flexible frames do not break and are not deform through pressure. Also, I found some Persol in Chile, which simplifies things.
I’ll post a second post with pics of me wearing all the glasses I can find, so you can advice me on which size would work best for my face.
thanks again.

Edit. What do you think of this brand? https://latam.karuneyewear.com/
It’s a Chilean brand that launched internationally not long ago. They make all their frames with recicled materials (plastic and legal) from Patagonia.

Last edited:

yunBW

Reaction score
@CWV ssense have eyevan thom browne and couple more brands on sale during their sale season. really depends what's your price range for frames

illiterate

Reaction score
How easy or hard would it be to get prescription lenses for this pair of Effector eyeglasses? Any tips/recommendations?

Effector-Metal-Zone-CO-CO-02.jpg

blacklight

Reaction score
Is anyone able to ID?
glassesscreen.png

LucasFilms

Reaction score
I need to buy new eyeglasses. I am thinking of purchasing a black rectangular acetate frame. Usually I just go to a shop and choose something there.. but this time I thought of having a look at different brands before.

I am leaning towards purchasing Moscot, as they have a wide variety of frames with a classical look. I think some of the glasses below may be Moscot but I had a look at Moscot's website and could not really identify the specific models.. it's hard to identify glasses. Are 2 and 3 Moscot eyeglasses?

Could anyone identify which specific model of eyeglasses are these, or at least the brand?:

1. Chuck Palahniuk

1637001807537.png

2. Anish Kapoor

1637001854013.png

1637001883970.png

3. Jonathan Franzen

1637002094832.png

1637002137777.png

5. Bill Evans

1637003249951.png

Thanks a lot for your help!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve got Moscot Hyman which look a lot like number two but of my four Moscots aside from diamond hinge pins on the Lemtosh the others have two dot, three dot or no dot on the frames, none have that rectangular dash common to most of your pics.
I’ve found Moscot customer service to be excellent and while there’s no substitute for trying glasses on, with my last purchase they sent me a handbook with pics of every frame, dimensions etc which they would probably send if you asked nicely! Heir website is decent too. Good luck!

CWV

Reaction score
Are there frames that become progressively more transparent as they go down? I’ve seen bI color, but not sure is a frame that has a gradient of color toward clear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads