• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

moataxc

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm new here on this website and it seems everyone is so helpful already :)
I'm planning to buy the Moscot Lemtosh, they have been on my mind for a while.
I'm a bit confused about the size because I will have order it online since the stores in mt country don't sell them.
I'm current wearing (51-17-145) glasses and they have been great through many years.
Which one should I go for now?
(46-24-145) or (49-24-145) ?
The bridge size here seems to be too big compared to my current glasses I guess.
What is your opinion guys? :)
Thank you in advance!

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm new here on this website and it seems everyone is so helpful already :)
I'm planning to buy the Moscot Lemtosh, they have been on my mind for a while.
I'm a bit confused about the size because I will have order it online since the stores in mt country don't sell them.
I'm current wearing (51-17-145) glasses and they have been great through many years.
Which one should I go for now?
(46-24-145) or (49-24-145) ?
The bridge size here seems to be too big compared to my current glasses I guess.
What is your opinion guys? :)
Thank you in advance!
If you have a bigger head I would do 49.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For comparison I have new wayfarers which IIRC have 51mm lenses and fit me well. I recently got some Lemtosh size 46. It may SEEM like that’s a small width lens but both the blurb on their website and the fella I spoke with on the phone confirmed that 46 in Lemtosh is medium so unless you have a soccer ball head or are going for that huge glasses look my advice would be to get the 46. Remember that comparing the Lemtosh with another brand / style is apples to oranges. Also the Lemtosh has a keyhole bridge which may explain why it seems to be a wider measurement than say an A - shaped bridge. Good luck.

American_Psycho11

Reaction score
I am looking for a new pair of glasses and the more research I do the more I realize that everything seems to either be Luxottica owned and not worth it, or made in China and not worth it. If you find a brand that doesn't check those boxes, it's extremely expensive and no insurance will cover it.
I would really appreciate a brand list of worthwhile brands that offer great quality and price, so I can do some research and find a new frame.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Garrett Leight, Oliver Peoples, Moscot which aren't that hard to find. I prefer Eyevan, Yellows Plus (the last two are Japanese and not widely available, you can find Eyevan in more places though), JMM is way outside budget probbly. Depending on your insurance, some will give you an out of network frame allotment.

American_Psycho11

Reaction score
I like Garrett Leight, Oliver Peoples, Moscot which aren't that hard to find. I prefer Eyevan, Yellows Plus (the last two are Japanese and not widely available, you can find Eyevan in more places though), JMM is way outside budget probbly. Depending on your insurance, some will give you an out of network frame allotment.
Thanks a lot! I was checking out Garrett Leight frames and really like their styles. I especially like they have smaller lense frames for my more narrow head. I think they might be my next frame.
Oliver Peoples is owned by Luxottica, but from what I understand the quality holds up. I do like a lot of their frames. Moscot is made in China but the company is very transparent about it, which is refreshing. They don't try to hide that fact at all.

flashkobalt

Reaction score
Looking at the Moscot Telena. Really liked the look of the Jacques Marie Mage Mont blanc too (sold out), and the Thierry Lasry Maskoffy.

I guess that kinda really chunky black Retro style but not too squared off look is what I dig... Any other recommendations?

Last edited:

Colrais

Reaction score
Can transition lenses be digitally surfaced for the prescription? Or are the technologies incompatible?

VinceCompost

Reaction score
Hi, hoping somebody in here might know what these are.

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 16.00.54.png

There's clearly a brand name on the side, but unfortunately the resolution is so low that zooming in doesn't reveal any extra detail.

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 16.00.39.png

Failing a positive ID, suggestions of similar frames would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

JDelage

Reaction score
Leisure Society Adamson maybe? Not sure if the bridge is curved...

VinceCompost

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest anything a little less bling? I like the simplicity of the ones I posted.

Alternatively, can anyone decipher the brand name? I spent yesterday convinced it mas Marc Jacobs, but googling revealed no similar models. It definitely looks like two words to me (not that this narrows things down much even if it's true though).

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok in a similar vein...anyone know what sunnies Umit Bennan is wearing here? He's been wearing them for years, and I tried to get in touch with him on IG, but he hasn't responded.

I checked his eoynomous line, but no luck. The arm/hinge detailing is fairly distinct, hoping someone here recognizes it. Could be from a women's line as well.

Screenshot_20210121-143403_Instagram.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads