• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the District Vision "Keiichi" sunglasses?

Does anyone have experience with any of the District Vision sunglasses? I know they're meant for runners. I occasionally run outside but mostly wanted something different with a sporty vibe that was still fashionable. Looking at the Karhu

ambivalence

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with 10eyevan?

Can’t decide this or taichi Murakami optical

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with 10eyevan?

Can’t decide this or taichi Murakami optical
Looks like a capsule extension of Eyevan. I have some Eyevan frames, which are great. I think Eyevan's strength is filigree and attention to detail, very fine work. However, I don't have any experience w/ Murakami so I can't compare.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I admit that I haven’t spent hours of searching but I’m still kinda surprised I haven’t hit on what I am looking for yet.

I’d like some small to medium sized frames in a mid to dark tortoise, with the classic Wayfarer shape and angle. I don’t want branding all over the arms and I’d prefer to buy something well made and not by Luxorica.

What am I missing?

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I admit that I haven’t spent hours of searching but I’m still kinda surprised I haven’t hit on what I am looking for yet.

I’d like some small to medium sized frames in a mid to dark tortoise, with the classic Wayfarer shape and angle. I don’t want branding all over the arms and I’d prefer to buy something well made and not by Luxorica.

What am I missing?

What you are describing is extremely easy to find if you visit a brick and mortar. Almost every company names something like what you have just described.

Adroit

Reaction score

JMM Dealan Havana 4

1590985330772.png

JMM Fitzgerald Havana 4

1590985531252.png

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Insurance question - I switched vision care providers for the year of 2020 and my fav shop isn't taking them right now (but is working on bringing it on board). What are the disadvantages, besides cost, to going out of network? Is there anything about long term care of the glasses or anything?

faue

Reaction score
Insurance question - I switched vision care providers for the year of 2020 and my fav shop isn't taking them right now (but is working on bringing it on board). What are the disadvantages, besides cost, to going out of network? Is there anything about long term care of the glasses or anything?
Have you considered buying frames you like from the shop and taking them to an optical that accepts your insurance to have the lenses inserted?

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you considered buying frames you like from the shop and taking them to an optical that accepts your insurance to have the lenses inserted?

Yeah I already have frames that I like, just trying to figure out where to get the lenses

Leonard Leroy

Reaction score
IMG_0018.jpg IMG_0017.jpg

Bought the JMM Enzos in Amber, and they're better than expected in terms of how they look (they're a lot more subtle than in the mock up pictures). They're a lot better looking in person. The quality is great and the fit is perfect. I'm going to get them fitted with optical lenses.

Last edited:

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm liking some of the frames from True Vintage Revival ( TVR ).
Unfortunately, everything is pretty much sold out. A rep said a re-stock is coming soon.
Any feedback on this brand?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics