• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

poissa

Reaction score
Thanks CityConnection. You are the best! If you happen to know any that are likely available in Chicago that could help limit the scope of your recommendations. But either way, tanks for all that you do!

Let me try to compile a list of brands. But there are soooo many brands in that sector now. When I first started this thread, there were the regular players. Now there are so many brands and styles. But let me think of some of my personal favourites and I’ll post a list.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone happen to own the zephirin or the akira JMM? I'm looking for a clear pair to add to my blooming collection. I currently just have the Jax in Buffalo. my next pair will be clear, and then my next will be black.

Adroit

Reaction score
anyone happen to own the zephirin or the akira JMM? I'm looking for a clear pair to add to my blooming collection. I currently just have the Jax in Buffalo. my next pair will be clear, and then my next will be black.

I own the Zephirin 47 (the standard 45 is a tad too small for my taste). The shape is really distinctive. One of my favorites.

I also own two Jax. If the Jax fits you well, I suggest the Zephirin 47 over the 45. The Zephirin 47 is much closer to the Jax.

Trit

Reaction score
c and l.JPG

I'm looking for a pair of glasses that have more of a presence to them. Masculine without looking outlandish. They need to be blue and rectangular because that's all that looks good on me. Anyone have any experience with these Cutler and Gross or have any other suggestions? Much appreciated.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1340399

I'm looking for a pair of glasses that have more of a presence to them. Masculine without looking outlandish. They need to be blue and rectangular because that's all that looks good on me. Anyone have any experience with these Cutler and Gross or have any other suggestions? Much appreciated.
Not to derail your query, but are you sure blue is the only color that looks good on you? Seems that brown/tortoise or black would be much more versatile and approachable, while also having a lot more options available.

ramsker

Reaction score
I own the Zephirin 47 (the standard 45 is a tad too small for my taste). The shape is really distinctive. One of my favorites.

I also own two Jax. If the Jax fits you well, I suggest the Zephirin 47 over the 45. The Zephirin 47 is much closer to the Jax.

Hoping for a Zephirin 49 at some point. It's such a great silhouette.

Friend

Reaction score
Thanks Friend!

Just measured, and the frame height is 4cm exactly. 46-21 is the other measurement listed (same as the website though). Let me know if you have any other questions, happy to help.

poissa

Reaction score
Just measured, and the frame height is 4cm exactly. 46-21 is the other measurement listed (same as the website though). Let me know if you have any other questions, happy to help.
Friend - I think you are giving the bridge distance. I'm looking for the Vertical size as shown in the attachment. It is likely to be between 30mm-40mm.

Attachments

• 1582245889324.png
    1582245889324.png
    188.4 KB · Views: 193

Friend

Reaction score
Friend - I think you are giving the bridge distance. I'm looking for the Vertical size as shown in the attachment. It is likely to be between 30mm-40mm.

Oh yeah, forgot to convert it, sorry. The vertical size is indeed 40mm.

NycLondon

Reaction score
Mashiro Maruyama MM-0046 - perhaps a little too much detail for my taste with the left rim. However, I love the detail of the shape.
View attachment 1324497
I am wearing MM-0018 No.5 Silver.
Really great, and everyone likes them. Almost every person who sees me in then, say so.
There is no doubt he is one of coolest specs designers alive.

NycLondon

Reaction score
Anyone know of the quality of Yohji Yamamoto frames? I am looking for a pair to wear on a daily basis.
Most top designers will employ a real specs designer for their frames. Yohji makes high quality clothes, but I have not idea about his frames. I have several clothes items from him. They are top. The Japanese have a passion for hand made frames. So maybe Yohji followed this?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads