• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eyevan stockiest outside of Japan? They should list them on their website, but many are only in stores and not online. I bought mine in Philly at eyeSite, but there is another stockist 20 min outside of the city. I’m in Paris right now and I’ve seen 2 or 3 stores carrying Eyevan thus far, as well as Masunaga, Matsuda, Lesca, JMM etc.

Also I ran across a new one to me: Yellows Plus. Another Japanese outfit from Fukui, I’m assuming Sabae. Bought a great pair of frames from them tonight.
Huh the 10 Eyevan stores section never loaded more than Japan stores on my desktop but it works on my phone. Turns out an optometrist 40 min from me carries the line. Thanks!

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huh the 10 Eyevan stores section never loaded more than Japan stores on my desktop but it works on my phone. Turns out an optometrist 40 min from me carries the line. Thanks!
No prob. Eyevan carries pretty classic forms but their level of finishing is really great, especially the filigree I think.

Adroit

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a 10 Eyevan stockist outside of Japan?

There are many Eyevan retailers in the US. Great brand.

Also I ran across a new one to me: Yellows Plus. Another Japanese outfit from Fukui, I’m assuming Sabae. Bought a great pair of frames from them tonight.

Congrats! I really like several of YP's models. Which one did you get?

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I really like several of YP's models. Which one did you get?
I got a model called the Grant. I tried it on in tortoise first but went to a sister store to check them out in black as well, which I ended up buying. They were actually sunglasses on the black pair, but it’s kind of nice I’ll have those lenses as well if I want to use them as sunglasses sometime.

What I’ve found time and time again is what I think I like online and what I actually like on my face, in person, are usually two entirely separate things. I also now know that my face/nose often will benefit from nose pads, and I’ve found the titanium ones used by a lot of Japanese makers really nice. My Eyevans don’t fit me quite as well because of this unfortunately, though I haven’t been able to find a service that will install nice ones like Eyevan/Japanese brands use in the first place.

Anyways here’s the YP Grant.

Last edited:

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eyevan stockiest outside of Japan? They should list them on their website, but many are only in stores and not online. I bought mine in Philly at eyeSite, but there is another stockist 20 min outside of the city. I’m in Paris right now and I’ve seen 2 or 3 stores carrying Eyevan thus far, as well as Masunaga, Matsuda, Lesca, JMM etc.

Yellow plus, 999.9, Eyevan. The creatives behind four nines is exceptional.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a model called the Grant. I tried it on in tortoise first but went to a sister store to check them out in black as well, which I ended up buying. They were actually sunglasses on the black pair, but it’s kind of nice I’ll have those lenses as well if I want to use them as sunglasses sometime.

What I’ve found time and time again is what I think I like online and what I actually like on my face, in person, are usually two entirely separate things. I also now know that my face/nose often will benefit from nose pads, and I’ve found the titanium ones used by a lot of Japanese makers really nice. My Eyevans don’t fit me quite as well because of this unfortunately, though I haven’t been able to find a service that will install nice ones like Eyevan/Japanese brands use in the first place.

Anyways here’s the YP Grant. View attachment 1324938 View attachment 1324950 View attachment 1324951

thats a great style! ?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a 10 Eyevan stockist outside of Japan?

I've seen Eyevan at Focal Points in Berkeley. The store also holds JMM trunk shows once a year (usually February)

They don't have a webstore, unfortunately. But if you're interested in a model, maybe they can do a phone order.

tennessee

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the District Vision "Keiichi" sunglasses?

Friend

Reaction score

Love YP. I wear a very similar model of theirs called the Darcy, which is a full titanium version of the same silhouette:

They're so light and comfortable that acetate feels intrusive in comparison.

malcolmbw

Reaction score
Anyone have any pics or impressions of the JMM Ascari they want to share?

Preordered a pair in Noir but they're not coming until mid March :/

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got hooked on JMM. Love the thick acetate frames. I currently wear Lemtosh from Moscot but would like to get a pair from JMM. Zephirin, Byron, or Akira. Good thing there are some stockists here

ramsker

Reaction score
Does anyone know what factory in Japan makes Jacques Marie Mage? What other brands are made there?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads