1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask me about Eyewear!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CityConnection, May 23, 2009.

1. drechie

drechie Senior member

hi guys i found a pretty good deal on a pair of lindberg frames online. the dimensions given are:

Lens Diameter = 54mm

Lens Height = 32mm

Bridge = 19mm

Temple (Arm Length) = 145mm

is this a normal "fit" for a adult male's face? Should I go for it? The price is almost too good to pass up (~$250.00).

2. Todd33

Todd33 Active Member

Hello,

I usually wear size 55 in Ray Ban Aviator 3025, so which size of Ray Ban Wayfarer 2132 should I look for (slim face)?

Thank you very much in advance.

3. JTK

JTK Senior member

Any advice on where to go for the best selection of premium frames in Chicago?

4. scwtlover2

scwtlover2 New Member

How do metal frames from l.a. Eyeworks, Lindberg, and Mykita compare on quality and workmanship? I can get l.a. Eyeworks frames for 40% off, e.g., Bodhi II for $240 and Lindberg for 10% off. For Mykita I'd have to pay list, unless I buy on-line. Even if Lindberg or Mykita is superior to l.a. Eyeowrks, is either of them $160-$260 better?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  5. scwtlover2

scwtlover2 New Member

My prescription is -6.75 SPH and -7.0 SPH with a 2.50 ADD. My choice in progressive lenses is between Physio Enhanced and Ipseo IV Eyecode. Is the Ipseo worth an additional $75 ($460 v. $535)?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  6. jakejake

jakejake Senior member

Opinion on gotti eyewear?

7. CityConnection

CityConnection Senior member

The OP frames are a classic style. For the price and style I think they are fair, but I would call them more of a lifestyle brand than anything. I would say that you could find cheaper alternatives that have similar quality and finish but it is a matter of finding something that you like. What kind of style are you looking for?

8. CityConnection

Lens color is a personal preference. Grey lenses will make you see colors shades darker. Brown lenses will create more contrast between the colors. Whether one color is better than the other is a personal preference.

9. CityConnection

54-19 is average for a male. 32 height is on the average to large size for a male. 145 is average for a male. Basically, this is an average sized frame although 32 is a bit on the larger size of the spectrum.

10. CityConnection

You have to look at the overall size of the frame. It depends on the bridge size as well as the fitting. Just the eyesize alone is not enough to make a decision.

11. CityConnection

I'm not a local to Chicago. Anyone have any good suggestions?

12. CityConnection

All 3 lines are considered ""boutique" lines. They all have distinct styles and are very different. My suggestion would be to try them on and see which style of frames you like better. It is one thing to compare Mykita, Urband and Ic Berlin because they are all flat metal frames with an industrial look, but you are comparing frames based on price online, not style. Try them on and see which you like more and then make a decision based on that. My 2 cents.

13. CityConnection

First off, you will need 1.74 lenses. 1.67 at the very least, if you can find a small frame. Yes and no. Will it make a huge difference? probably not. Will it make a slight difference to reduce distortion? probably. It is an additional $75 but you do get better optics. If you are going to be wearing the glasses over the span on 2-3 yrs, an extra $75 is not all that much to spare. If you change them every yr, it might not be worth the extra coin. Personally I think that if you wear them everyday and you have the money to spend, upgrade the lenses. Every bit will make a difference. If the extra money is a concern, then don't go for it. The only reason you should pick the "cheaper" lens is if you are pressed on money. my 2 cents.

14. CityConnection

I haven't had any long term experience with the frames so I can't really give an opinion. Although, they do seem to be a boutique line. If you have any close up of a particular frame and the price I could tell you it's "value".

15. Delori

Delori New Member

What do you recommend (frame styles, shape, etc) for an asian face with pointed eyebrows?

[​IMG]

Sorry that's the only picture i can find with my entire face shown.

16. scwtlover2

scwtlover2 New Member

Thank you for both answers. I've read that 1.74 has more distortion than 1.67. What do you think?

Currently, I have 1.67 in a (round) Lindberg Corona Air Titanium frame: 42-24-145. The weight is fine. The thickness is what it is. It' okay but I don't think I'd get rimless.

I haven't yet looked at Lindberg this time. My current favorites are the l.a. Eyeworks Bodhi II (round: 41-26-145) and the Mykita lite Finn (rectangular: 51-17-135). My P.D. is 34/32.

My question about the three companies had to do with comparative quality of workmanship and durability. Obviously, I won't buy something I don't like. But if I like the l.a. Eyeworks roughly as much as a Mykita or Lindberg, considering that I can get the l.a. Eyeworks for substantially less, is there a difference in durability or workmanship that should concern me? Should I care, for example, that, unlike Lindberg and Mykita, l.a. Eyeworks frames use screws?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  17. CityofAngles

CityofAngles Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the brand?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. niix

niix Senior member

[​IMG]

Can you tell me where I can find these? Or something similar.

19. drechie

drechie Senior member

thank you so much you are so helpful. would you tell me bout these dimensions?

CURRENT MEASUREMENTS: SIDE-TO SIDE (BRIDGE): 12.0cm = 4.75in.
    LENGTH OF SIDE TEMPLES ACTUAL CURRENT MEASUREMENT TILL EAR 120mm = 4.75in (CAN BE MODELLED FROM 100mm - 130mm.
    TOTAL LENGTH OF SIDE TEMPLE MEASURED FROM LENSE TO END-TIP OF TEMPLE: 155mm = 6.1in.
    NOSE PADS: 19mm (0.8in, CAN BE ADJUSTED).

20. bang_o

bang_o Active Member

Hi, anyone know how to spot fake Moscot especially Lemtosh? Thanks