Ask me about Eyewear!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CityConnection, May 23, 2009.

1. upnorth

upnorth Senior member

Thanks for the links and opinions. You have once again proven to be an invaluable resource. Greatly appreciated.

2. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

City -

I know this is primarily a glasses thread, but I would value any advice you could offer on contact lenses. I'm going to get tested and will probably be told I need to wear vision correction now (previously I've been able to just keep some Rx sunglasses in the car).

Any brands or types I should avoid or ask for? Are one week disposables the most practical?

Thanks!

3. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

city,

i've found out that the salt warner sunglasses are actually a little too wide for my face, particularly at the bottom left and right parts of the lens. my cheeks aren't wide enough for the frames. vertically, though, the warner sunglasses fit perfectly.

can you recommend another pair of sunglasses which might fit my face? it seems that there simply aren't sunglasses built small enough for my face.

4. Sylvr

Sylvr Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the model #/name of these Cartier frames?

[​IMG]

really like these. anyone know a good site to pick them up?

5. CityConnection

CityConnection Senior member

City -

I know this is primarily a glasses thread, but I would value any advice you could offer on contact lenses. I'm going to get tested and will probably be told I need to wear vision correction now (previously I've been able to just keep some Rx sunglasses in the car).

Any brands or types I should avoid or ask for? Are one week disposables the most practical?

Thanks!

You need only know 1 thing when it comes to contact lenses. Silicone Hydrogel! Greatest material to date. High oxygen permeability and increased comfort. There are 2 week disposable, monthly and dailies that are common lengths of time. There are 1 weeks and conventional lenses but they are not very common.

The biggest names will be Oasys, Air Optix, and Biofinity.

6. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

You need only know 1 thing when it comes to contact lenses. Silicone Hydrogel! Greatest material to date. High oxygen permeability and increased comfort. There are 2 week disposable, monthly and dailies that are common lengths of time. There are 1 weeks and conventional lenses but they are not very common.

The biggest names will be Oasys, Air Optix, and Biofinity.

Agreed, have been using Air Optix for the last 6 months and they have worked out great. That being said they aren't for everyone and alot of people have left bad reviews on them. Though after reading through several of them I think alot of people expect to be able to leave their contacts in 24/7 and them never dry out or need to be cleaned. Contacts need to be cleaned nightly and to give your eyes a rest.

7. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

I dunno if this has been discussed yet, but what do you guys think about Warby Parker? I have a couple, the style is good if you're into that whole plastic frame thing, and the quality seems pretty damn good for $95 all inclusive...

8. G0079

G0079 Senior member

I dunno if this has been discussed yet, but what do you guys think about Warby Parker? I have a couple, the style is good if you're into that whole plastic frame thing, and the quality seems pretty damn good for $95 all inclusive...

I like mine. I picked a pair up for ~$140, including high index lenses for my -4.0 prescription. The hinges are well made and the acetate seems to be of good quality. The vertical size of the lenses is about 60% larger than my old glasses, so there is a little distortion at the very bottom of the frame, but it only took a quick angle adjustment to make that a non-issue. It's only noticeable if I'm really looking down my nose.

9. poissa

poissa Senior member

Does anyone have any comments on the the quality of SEE eyewear? http://www.seeoptical.com/index.aspx I've found a few frames of theirs I like, though most of their line focuses on the plastic frames many people are focusing on these days.

10. poissa

poissa Senior member

These are another set of frames I like. The details on the temple I could do without, I think it's kind of flashy. If you have any suggestions for alternative brands to these styles it would be much appreciated ;-) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

I need a new pair of classes and I was thinking about getting a pair of black or tort shuron ronsirs, I have shuron sidewinders now and I want something a little different. Do you think ronsirs would work for my face? [​IMG]

12. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

City,

How does the quality of Mykita compare to Salt? For example, I am considering the Mykita Burt and the Salt Safford.

13. Pinhas

Pinhas Senior member

City,

My current Salt glasses are reaching their end, and for my next pair I want to get either Dita or Mykita. I would like some recommendations and feedback on both, and in general would like to get some opinions and thoughts about these 2 brands. I like pairs from both brands and cant choose which one I like.

Any help would be great.

14. jroring

jroring Member

with an asian face what color frame would you recommend?

15. Monimus

Monimus Senior member

Can anyone identify these? [​IMG]