• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CC, can we use you for lenses (I'm in the US, not Canada) for frames we already have? I am having a very hard time finding a way to get lenses replaced that doesn't **** me to death for money.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
What are your thoughts on these?

aet7ir.jpg

I like them. Kio Yamato has a pair that looks like that that I really like. I was thinking of getting some for myself.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
CC, can we use you for lenses (I'm in the US, not Canada) for frames we already have? I am having a very hard time finding a way to get lenses replaced that doesn't **** me to death for money.

PM sent

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jakejake
Thanks, how do they rank? I don't know anything about Safilo.

Safilo makes Armani, Boss, Banana Republic, Dior, Carrera, Diesel, Gucci and so on...
They are one of the top 3 manufactures and distributors in the world. Their quality is average. Nothing special but they carry all the big names, so they cant be ignored.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pronxs
any thoughts about porsche design glasses?

Porsche design is good quality. Their style isnt the greatest, but the quality is good and the frames are solid. They do come at a price though. I dont know if I would call them exclusive but they are rare and hard to find because not all that many places will carry them.

DukesofStratosphear

Reaction score
Hi CityConnection,

Can you ID these unisex glasses for me?

I thought they were Moscot Miltzen, but after a closer look they appear to be bigger, with fatter arms and different fixing screws.

Any ideas?

(P.S. To the mods - I posted this a while ago in the Ask a Question thread but didn't get a reply; hope it's OK to repost here).

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DukesofStratosphear
Hi CityConnection,

Can you ID these unisex glasses for me?

I thought they were Moscot Miltzen, but after a closer look they appear to be bigger, with fatter arms and different fixing screws.

Any ideas?

(P.S. To the mods - I posted this a while ago in the Ask a Question thread but didn't get a reply; hope it's OK to repost here).

Im not 100% but there are a few Lafont frames that look like it. Lafont Theoreme and Lafont Aristo.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As well, there was someone asking about a frame that was round with NO nose pad arms and gold color. Try looking up Lafont Collection Titane Arman. I think it might be what you are looking for.

Razeus

Reaction score
Tell me about Revo. Specifally the Transom model.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics