• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Is it easy to adjust your own acetate / plastic frame with one of those frame heaters from Amazon or it should be done by an eyeglass store only?

yunBW

Reaction score
Does anyone recommend eyewear retailers to go in the OC, CA area? I recently moved here and am unfamiliar with all the eyewear retailers here. Just looking for some retailers that have a good collection of brands to try, JMM, Leisure Society, Lindberg, etc. Thank you!

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Does anyone recommend eyewear retailers to go in the OC, CA area? I recently moved here and am unfamiliar with all the eyewear retailers here. Just looking for some retailers that have a good collection of brands to try, JMM, Leisure Society, Lindberg, etc. Thank you!

Not sure about OC but try Eyetailor and sister store Cateye across the street if you happen to go near LA / Hollywood. There's also a JMM store in that area too.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bought my Enzos there.
They have their own lab too.

Elessar

Reaction score
Any idea what Eugene Levy is wearing in the show Reluctant Traveler? He's switching between four or five colors on the same frames. I've been looking for small round frames of this sort for a long time, pointers would be appreciated. I really like the design of how the bridge meets the rim. Last one is a zoomed in screenshot.

Thanks!

maxresdefault.jpg
reluctant-traveler-eugene-levy-apple-tv-plus.png
The_Reluctant_Traveler_Photo_010405.jpg
Screenshot_20230601-003711_Brave.jpg

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have ordered from Good See Co. in Venice Beach -- good selection and online service but have never visited in person.

lexybeast

Reaction score
Any idea what Eugene Levy is wearing in the show Reluctant Traveler? He's switching between four or five colors on the same frames. I've been looking for small round frames of this sort for a long time, pointers would be appreciated. I really like the design of how the bridge meets the rim. Last one is a zoomed in screenshot.

Thanks!

View attachment 1967167 View attachment 1967169 View attachment 1967171 View attachment 1967173
Pretty sure those frames are all different colours of the Traction Productions' Leonide.

Elessar

Reaction score
Pretty sure those frames are all different colours of the Traction Productions' Leonide.
Wonderful. Thank you! It seems like that's what they are! Now I need to find a place that stocks these in the UK......

Does anyone know of similar frames? I was looking at the Zolman from Moscot but the eyepiece appears to be much larger.

TheSteak

Reaction score
Hi

I am looking to buy my first sunglasses. I have wanted to own a pair for years but as I need prescription lenses I just haven't gotten around to it.

I tried a few at a local store this weekend and really liked the Persol PO3019S but I'm not entirely sure about the fit on my face. I tried both the small and large. I like the look of the small more, but from afar it looks a bit small on my head I think. The large model just doesn't look right from the front and the nose gap is to big to fit good (edit: apparently, the nose gap is the same on S and L according to Persols website so maybe I imagined it).

Does this model work for me or should I look elsewhere? Any tips of what else I should check out?

Attaching a few pictures of me wearing them. The smaller version is also available in a darker brown. Color of the glass doesn't matter as I'm getting other lenses.

Attachments

• large_1.jpg
    large_1.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 61
  • large_2.jpg
    large_2.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 59
  • large_4.jpg
    large_4.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 55
  • small_1.jpg
    small_1.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 63
  • small_2.jpg
    small_2.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 58
  • small_3.jpg
    small_3.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 63
  • small_4.jpg
    small_4.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 65
  • small_5.jpg
    small_5.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 97
  • small_6.jpg
    small_6.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

fatsu

Reaction score
Looking for glasses like the ones Ethan Hawke wears in Gattaca.

Gattaca glasses.png

Corded Dyson Vacuum

Reaction score
Is it easy to adjust your own acetate / plastic frame with one of those frame heaters from Amazon or it should be done by an eyeglass store only?
I adjusted the arms of my persols with a hairdryer after the opticians I asked to fit them screwed it up. Adjusting the tightness of the arms is easy enough, but changing the point where the arms turn down is more difficult. You may want to practice on a cheap pair first.

You will need asbestos hands.

phase2phase

Reaction score
Can someone please help ID the brand of this eyeglasses? Thx

Attachments

• 4381C7B0-8A0A-47D6-883E-700A2BF4B923.jpeg
    4381C7B0-8A0A-47D6-883E-700A2BF4B923.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 343

Zan-san

Reaction score
I wouldn't as optician do it so much more better. Although as said earlier this is dependable but to get it right and not redoing it again and again I would take those to the store.
I tried with mine, it's way harder than it looks and alas as you cannot see behind the ear it's better to let someone else do it.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am looking to buy my first sunglasses. I have wanted to own a pair for years but as I need prescription lenses I just haven't gotten around to it.

I tried a few at a local store this weekend and really liked the Persol PO3019S but I'm not entirely sure about the fit on my face. I tried both the small and large. I like the look of the small more, but from afar it looks a bit small on my head I think. The large model just doesn't look right from the front and the nose gap is to big to fit good (edit: apparently, the nose gap is the same on S and L according to Persols website so maybe I imagined it).

Does this model work for me or should I look elsewhere? Any tips of what else I should check out?

Attaching a few pictures of me wearing them. The smaller version is also available in a darker brown. Color of the glass doesn't matter as I'm getting other lenses.

I was browsing the forum and saw your post.

I think that the model suits you well in both sizes, but prefer the small one, if only marginally.

If you are interested in sunglasses and eyewear in general, you could take a look at this thread, Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream.

Jacques Marie Mage produces the most attractive eyewear in my eyes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads