• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask me about Eyewear!

Adroit

Reaction score
Yes. A little too ornate for my liking, but I would love to get my hands on them just because of how absurdly grand they look.
Agreed. I appreciate the details and craftsmanship but its a little too busy for my taste. Reminds me of Chrome Hearts.

tonyboy

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with any of the District Vision sunglasses? I know they're meant for runners. I occasionally run outside but mostly wanted something different with a sporty vibe that was still fashionable. Looking at the Karhu
Just my 2c here.

I owned a pair of keiichi standards and they lasted about 3 years of training and ultramarathons where I wasn't babying them around. The arms ended up snapping as I was taking it off after a training run.

I also own a number of their other models and reckon the rose lens is their best, they're as much of a statement about how serious you are about running as wearing saloman or hoka shoes!

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is one suave, badass older guy look.
I hope I hold up that well.
But a bolo tie? That's the first sign of dementia...

Spiraltoy

Reaction score
Anyone tried Archibald London? How’s the quality? They’re right in my price bracket and made in japan of acetate according to the web page.I could go up maybe a hundred but that’s it. Any other brands I should check out?

Last edited:

JDelage

Reaction score
Assuming the best acetate frames are JMM, who is the 2nd best for acetate?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried Archibald London? How’s the quality? They’re right in my price bracket and made in japan of acetate according to the web page.I could go up maybe a hundred but that’s it. Any other brands I should check out?
I have True Vintage Revival frames ( TVR ), handmade Japan, most @ $475. If you go to their website, EVERYTHING is sold out. Like JMM, once a line/style sells out, they're gone for good. But if you email them, they'll send an e-brochure of new stuff dropping.

Adroit

Reaction score
Assuming the best acetate frames are JMM, who is the 2nd best for acetate?
There are several stellar manufacturers of acetate frames, including (in no particular order):

Ahlem
Cutler and Gross
Mr. Leight
Yellows Plus
Barton Perreira
Salt
Eyevan
Masunaga
Mykita
Sama
Leisure Society
Entourage of 7

ramsker

Reaction score
There are several stellar manufacturers of acetate frames, including (in no particular order):

Ahlem
Cutler and Gross
Mr. Leight
Yellows Plus
Barton Perreira
Salt
Eyevan
Masunaga
Mykita
Sama
Leisure Society
Entourage of 7
I would add Native Sons to that list.

tliu91

Reaction score

Ahlem
Cutler and Gross
Mr. Leight
Yellows Plus
Barton Perreira
Salt
Eyevan
Masunaga
Mykita
Sama
Leisure Society
Entourage of 7
id add matsuda

Adroit

Reaction score
I would add Native Sons to that list.
Great addition!

id add matsuda
I love Matsuda sunglasses and they do make acetate frames. That said, their emphasis appears to be titanium frames and, IMHO, it is their titanium offerings that distinguish the company. Based on the same logic, I probably should not have included Mykita on my list, as their bread and butter is also titanium.

Last edited:

tliu91

Reaction score
I love Matsuda sunglasses and they do make acetate frames. That said, their emphasis appears to be titanium frames and, IMHO, it is their titanium offerings that distinguish the company. Based on the same logic, I probably should not have included Mykita on my list, as their bread and butter is also titanium.
Im not sure about their sunglasses but i think the glasses are more acetate emphasis with titanium cores. or with temples consisting of precious metals like sterling silver in their higher end designs. I was just recently looking for new glasses and went thru their catalog lol.

JDelage

Reaction score
I love Matsuda sunglasses and they do make acetate frames. That said, their emphasis appears to be titanium frames and, IMHO, it is their titanium offerings that distinguish the company.
Titanium X steampunk...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.