• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

lol

Reaction score
@sinnedk I like those Masunagas a LOT. Those are the Swing, right? I don't think I could quite pull those off as a daily-wearer myself, but if I wanted a second pair for the occasional business trip or something those would be sweet.

I've finally joined the crew. Replacing my 10-year-old Burberries with Mykita Nigels:
mykita_no1_rx_nigel_graphite_1502625_p_1_01.jpg

Part of me still doesn't believe that spring hinge is going to hold up well over time, but they'd know better than me.
It can last for a few years at least. I got my first Mykita over ten years back and won for a few (3-4 I think) years. They are still in good shape if I want to wear them again.
By the way, if something wrong with them in the first year, you can take them back to where you get them and check for manufacturing errors.
Enjoy your Mykita! They are nice.

ShoeWho

Reaction score
I got some Tom Ford Faustos a few months ago. Never had so many people compliment me on my glasses. It happens every few days.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got some Tom Ford Faustos a few months ago. Never had so many people compliment me on my glasses. It happens every few days.

Reminds me of a young Michael Cain, in a good way.

styleforumfan

Reaction score
What's your opinion on rocking lightly tinted JMM like these indoor?

Attachments

• jmm.jpg
    jmm.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 109

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for glasses similar to the Vuarnet Glacier?

Colourmaker

Reaction score
Hi, I am searching for glasses with a curved front.
I have had glasses from BLAC for many years. They are marked "1" in the pictures below.

It is made of carbon and quite unique because it has a curved front. That makes it very sporty looking..

In one of the pictures I have matched it with a pair marked "2", "2" is a pair with a regular flat front.
Does anyone know of frames that have the same curved front / sporty look?

My thickest lens is - 5.75, and what was so unique about my BLAC glasses was that they coped with such thick lenses.

BLAC is still sold, but not where I live in Trondheim, Norway. My optician has stopped selling them.
I am open to any suggestions!

Attachments

• 20191019_013644red.jpg
    20191019_013644red.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 20191019_013617red4.jpg
    20191019_013617red4.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20191019_013543.jpg
    20191019_013543.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posted some pics of me and the glasses I’m looking at. Which one of these do you think would fit my face the best? They wouldn’t be everyday glasses, since I wear contacts.
5ABF3107-802F-42F2-854A-5DC2C2D7BE0B.png
9BC62D19-E461-41DD-8206-4FFC50D144F7.jpeg
84E9625B-49B8-4A3E-BD6B-EB3DB46833EB.jpeg
FC9C24A0-05CB-49A4-B58F-A929340D5ABA.png
882045B7-71DC-421C-9AC0-C479E31586D5.png
C1884819-6695-435C-8FB8-AE2CE329BE39.png
0734E2C4-4E7F-4C3F-B008-E74262AA1A7C.png

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for glasses similar to the Vuarnet Glacier?

What's your price range and what are you specifically looking for? Do you want the same exact shape or do you want the side shields? Are you wearing them for performance or just looks?

Anyways some suggestions:
For performance Salt optics had a collaboration with Aether and made 2 sunglasses with side shields. I think they were advertised as being used for motorcycle rides and other outdoor activities. Price I think was around the Vuarnet Glaciers though (~$600)

For looks Linda Farrow makes frames with the side shields. The brand in general is expensive though.

If you're looking for something cheap you can wear to Burning Man you can google "Steampunk sunglasses". You'll find a ton or results, most of them cheap some vintage.

@ericleavitt it's hard to say man. You should try on a bunch of frames and take pics either in store or from something like Warby Parker where they mail it to you and post them in here.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's your price range and what are you specifically looking for? Do you want the same exact shape or do you want the side shields? Are you wearing them for performance or just looks?

Anyways some suggestions:
For performance Salt optics had a collaboration with Aether and made 2 sunglasses with side shields. I think they were advertised as being used for motorcycle rides and other outdoor activities. Price I think was around the Vuarnet Glaciers though (~$600)

For looks Linda Farrow makes frames with the side shields. The brand in general is expensive though.

If you're looking for something cheap you can wear to Burning Man you can google "Steampunk sunglasses". You'll find a ton or results, most of them cheap some vintage.

@ericleavitt it's hard to say man. You should try on a bunch of frames and take pics either in store or from something like Warby Parker where they mail it to you and post them in here.

I think i have to go to nyc to try on jmm

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads