• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable site to get Cutler & Gross frames/sunglasses for less than retail?

styleforumfan

Reaction score
What's your opinion on Jacques Marie Mage eyewear in general? Is it quality stuff and worth it at full retail as I don't see it on sale often.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know of any deals for contacts. Specifically Biotrue oneday presbyopia.

I went in for an end of year exam covered by insurance. Optometrist recommended the above brand. No hurry, since I have plenty of my old contacts. Also, can wait for next year if there are any rebates or stackable discounts (I did this with my old script, too).

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's your opinion on Jacques Marie Mage eyewear in general? Is it quality stuff and worth it at full retail as I don't see it on sale often.

One of the coolest frames out right now. Really well made. Gonna try real hard to make one my next pair.

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys know a reliable site for Oliver Peoples eyeglasses under retail? My daughter broke my current ones...

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****, some of those jmm frames are right up my alley. Yeah, wow. They also look super lavish and are limited and more expensive than what I'm used to. God the choices we have to face in life.

motojobobo

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a couple of Maui Jim sunglasses...haven't had any luck finding them at a discount. I'll welcome any suggestions on where to go looking for them.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
****, some of those jmm frames are right up my alley. Yeah, wow. They also look super lavish and are limited and more expensive than what I'm used to. God the choices we have to face in life.

Just went and tried on a bunch of pairs at a local store, I'm probably gonna go with the Torino soon. The Taos frames are amazing, but they don't fit my fat head :(

jacques-marie-mage-sunglasses-jacques-marie-mage-torino-brown-brown-designer-eyes-810314032464.jpg

jacques-marie-mage-torino-bronze.jpg

Although I really should just stick with the Dita Sequoias I have waiting for lenses...

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know who makes Issey Miyake eyewear? Google isn't giving anything up other than they're made in Japan
182728M133005_2.jpg

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just went and tried on a bunch of pairs at a local store, I'm probably gonna go with the Torino soon. The Taos frames are amazing, but they don't fit my fat head :(

jacques-marie-mage-sunglasses-jacques-marie-mage-torino-brown-brown-designer-eyes-810314032464.jpg

jacques-marie-mage-torino-bronze.jpg

Although I really should just stick with the Dita Sequoias I have waiting for lenses...

Yea, I'd want to try them on in advance as well. But the absence of a price figure of any kind for any of the models makes me think they're aggressively expensive. Like more than suitable for my budget. Plus the fact they seem to be done in limited runs. I can't for the life of me remember which model I was looking at but it was cool. Oh well, probably better off not going down this particular rabbit hole

Those are dope tho, nice details

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, I'd want to try them on in advance as well. But the absence of a price figure of any kind for any of the models makes me think they're aggressively expensive. Like more than suitable for my budget. Plus the fact they seem to be done in limited runs. I can't for the life of me remember which model I was looking at but it was cool. Oh well, probably better off not going down this particular rabbit hole

Those are dope tho, nice details

Went with the torino in black. They're like 550 or so, pre-insurance. The others are more expensive. Wire frames with gold inlays are $1k+

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a couple of Maui Jim sunglasses...haven't had any luck finding them at a discount. I'll welcome any suggestions on where to go looking for them.
There are a lot of MJs on ebay w/discount. I picked up some that had prescription lenses in there. Then I bought some tinted new lenses (non prescrip) and put them in there. Like a new pair!

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
finally found a store that accepts VSP and has Zeiss lens. They also carry Mykita frame it seems.

How fragile are the Mykita frames? My one year old recently broke my Oliver Peoples NDG-1 frames...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads