1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask me about Eyewear!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CityConnection, May 23, 2009.

1. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

Guys, a quick one for an eyeglass: Between Seraphin and Paul Smith, which should i go for in terms of quality?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  2. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

don't know about Seraphin. but for PS, I believe their Japan-made frames are still considered good. But those are made in Italy is made out of the same factory as Prada and all other brands, which means quality isn't the best.

3. hayaoyamaneko

hayaoyamaneko Senior member

Want to pick up a pair of Randolph P-3s to use as regular (non-sunglasses), prescription glasses.
    This should be fine, right?

Does it matter if I pick up an older pair or do they specifically have to be these Rx ones:

http://shop.randolphusa.com/p-3-frame-p5607.aspx

I'm assuming this is just a labelling/marketing difference and that all P-3 frames are of a similar build?

4. Kjuba Wodka

Kjuba Wodka New Member

5. dablyputs

dablyputs New Member

You can easily remove the logo from the arms with a thin knife. I used a butter knife but an exacto will work. Just slide it under and twist lightly and it pops right off and leaves just a small metal dot that looks like it's part of the arm. Let me know if you want to see a photo.

6. Lilpasha

Lilpasha New Member

Please help me choose between these two, thanks!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  7. Kjuba Wodka

Kjuba Wodka New Member

There is one problem , I can not watch them.If you can send me a photo , I will be able to ask the seller of the same photo to compare them with your

8. Romesir

Romesir New Member

Hopefully someone can help. I'm about to buy some new glasses and i pretty much have it narrowed down to either Blackfin or Zero G. Just looking for a pair of decently made full frame titanium glasses. And that's the issue; I can't find any info as to who manufactures Zero G eyeglasses.-- other than " Designed in California and handcrafted in Japan". I've looked around for a while, and he mentions Masunaga quite a few times, but never actually says that they are the manufacturer. So if anyone has in info, please let me know...I'd appreciate any help.

9. gcasoy

gcasoy Member

What is the standard on the size of glasses one should wear (in terms of total area of the face that it covers)?

10. WiredandTired

WiredandTired Senior member

Common given advice is to match the width of your face. A bit bigger or smaller I think is okay. Lengthwise, it should sit above your cheeks and not sit on or dig into them and not swallow your eyebrows. Eyes should be centered in the lens are of both sides. It's still best to work with a good optician and a good collection.

11. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Any recommendations for a place in NYC that happens to take Aetna Eye Med insurance?

12. Bruce Graham

Bruce Graham New Member

I have owned a pair of Markus T frames for several years. They are the TMI (nylon plastic?) super-light and comfortable. Unfortunately after 5 years I have broken the frame but no longer can i buy in Australia.

If you know of a retail outlet please reply.
    Thanks

Bruce

13. plot

plot Senior member

I was at a local eyewear boutique and found some absolutely gorgeous Bevel sunglasses, pictured below. The model is called Sidecar. They are unfortunately $500, although I may end up folding and buying a pair in a few months. Does anyone know of a comparable less expensive alternative?

[​IMG]

14. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

Anyone know the glasses adam david thompson in mozart in the jungle wears? Cant find any pics of them. They look like an tan stainless frame.

15. CityConnection

CityConnection Senior member

Hugo Boss. Not the same quality but never similar look.

16. CityConnection

CityConnection Senior member

The fit will be different. The ones on the top have pad arms so they will sit further from your face.

17. awon23

awon23 New Member

What kind of frames are these? I've been trying to find out for the longest time. They're not Persols. Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  18. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

I have OPs similar to those but the hinge isn't on the front of the face.

19. ultravisitor

ultravisitor Senior member

Does anybody know if Mykitas are any less expensive in Berlin? I'm looking to get my third pair and have got my eyes on a couple different styles of their sunglasses, but I'm wondering if it would be best for me to wait until my trip to Berlin this summer to get another pair.

20. philie

philie Senior member

nope.