1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

    There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

    Cheers,

    Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask me about Eyewear!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CityConnection, May 23, 2009.

  1. OmniscientCause

    OmniscientCause Senior member

    Messages:
    2,276
    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2011
    Location:
    Boston, MA
    

    You will be happy with bp
     
  2. ryz0n

    ryz0n Member

    Messages:
    10
    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2014
    I just picked up some Oliver Peoples NDG-1's. They're sweet, but I feel like I might have made a mistake. Are they too big for me? I currently have Warby Parker Baxters, which are very similar, but this new pair I feel like might be a little too big. Does anyone think the same or could they work out?

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
  3. Spaghettimatt

    Spaghettimatt Senior member

    Messages:
    1,118
    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    
    I think they're too big. They make you look kind of cross-eyed because your eyes aren't centered. You have a pretty narrow head it seems.
     
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  4. GusW

    GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

    Messages:
    19,129
    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2007
    I've worn reading glasses since middle age. As the years have progressed I've had to use them for more things besides reading such as eating, watching TV, etc.

    I just returned from my O.D. and find that I am a perfect candidate to wear contact lenses. No more fumbling for glasses. No more readers. No more $800 frames and lenses. After a short break-in period I will have the same eyesight I had in my early 30's.

    If any of you are middle aged, have begun to wear reading glasses, there is an option. I've asked before and no eyewear specialist ever offered contacts. It was easier for them to put me into glasses and have 100% certainty that they would work. Contacts for those with Presbyopia have a 90% chance of success, but most places don't want to hassle the 10% failure so they sell you glasses.

    I'm not against glasses. They are required for many types of prescriptions (such as my wife's), but if you are like me, there is an option.
     
  5. Gradstudent78

    Gradstudent78 Senior member

    Messages:
    2,309
    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2003
    Location:
    Chicago
    

    Any updates in terms of best bang for the buck (FAQ was last updated in 2012) or new quality brands to look out for? I'm not really seeing Kio Yamato around these days, are they still selling in the US?

    What do you think of Mykita and Face A Face?
     
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  6. jasonbetz

    jasonbetz Member

    Messages:
    7
    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2014
    Mykita is incredible. They are truly innovative and have something for everyone. The metal frames hold up extremely well overtime and the 3d printed Mylon frames are some of the most comfortable frames I've ever worn. They also do amazing collaborations with designers like Damir Doma and Margiela.

    You can view a good assortment here:

    http://blackoptical.com/search?q=+vendor:MYKITA+&type=product
     
  7. jasonbetz

    jasonbetz Member

    Messages:
    7
    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2014
    I'm so glad you went with a BP frame over Tom Ford
     
  8. wonderwall

    wonderwall Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    57
    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2008
    Location:
    Toronto
  9. ShakeEmUp

    ShakeEmUp Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    71
    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2013
    I apologize if this has been asked before. I know this is a pretty common from shape but I've been trouble finding what I'm looking for.

    I bought these sunglasses at a goodwill while back and I want to find a higher quality version of them. I know Oliver Peoples probably has something I'm looking for but they're out of my price range. I'm going to look around at Person and Han Kjobenhavn, but where else should I look? I know I've seen similar models.

    [​IMG]


    Also like the pair being worn here:
    [​IMG]
     
  10. jasonbetz

    jasonbetz Member

    Messages:
    7
    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2014
    Moscot would have some similar styles.
     
  11. Lilpasha

    Lilpasha New Member

    Messages:
    4
    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2015
    I have been using Pierre Cardin glasses recently that feels too big and have decided to look different by trying a Moscot Lemtosh glasses that just feel right. Which one fits me better? Help me know, please. Thanks all
    [​IMG]
     
  12. Spaghettimatt

    Spaghettimatt Senior member

    Messages:
    1,118
    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    

    Lemtosh looks great. You look fobby (sorry) with the square ones.
     
  13. Nicolas Woller

    Nicolas Woller New Member

    Messages:
    1
    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2015
    Hi Guss! Did you find out about this glasses? I'm also trying to know which brand are those. Thanks
     
  14. guss

    guss New Member

    Messages:
    2
    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2014
    @Nicolas, no unfortunately not. But please let me know if you find them.

    Kind regards, Guss
     
  15. glassless

    glassless New Member

    Messages:
    1
    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2015
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    Hey,
    has anyone an idea about the brand of this glasses?
     
  16. cmagne

    cmagne Active Member

    Messages:
    36
    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2008
    Hey all. I'm trying to source the glasses Michele De Lucchi is wearing on the cover of Surface Magazine. They could be custom, but I thought I'd ask around in case anyone has an idea.

    Thanks,
    C
     
  17. PixM

    PixM New Member

    Messages:
    1
    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2015
    He's wearing Sama Federicos. Matte Beige/Tortoise color.
     
  18. Spaghettimatt

    Spaghettimatt Senior member

    Messages:
    1,118
    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Going to pick up a pair of O'Malleys but torn between the Olive Tortoise and the Brown Tortoise Cream. Olive skin tone, blackish-brown hair, dark brown eyes with a little more green than red tone. Getting these on Ebay and don't really have a chance to try either of them out (OP is sold out of both). Any advice on which I should go for?
     
    Last edited: May 1, 2015
  19. OmniscientCause

    OmniscientCause Senior member

    Messages:
    2,276
    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2011
    Location:
    Boston, MA
    Toss up really. Both are unique but I like the second one a little bit more. Really depends on how much you want them to be a statement piece. I have Amber and tort frames that are great but don't go with everything. I wound up getting another pair of glasses just for days where Amber didn't work. I liken that to the olive...my .02
     
  20. Spaghettimatt

    Spaghettimatt Senior member

    Messages:
    1,118
    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    

    The Amber Tort (yellow?) is a little too extreme for me, but I think the Olive is actually somewhat closer to a brown color than it is a green. Tough to tell though really...
     

Share This Page

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by