1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask me about Eyewear!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CityConnection, May 23, 2009.

1. Pureneat

Pureneat Member

Hmmmm, not very constructive it it really? , the guy is obviously looking for That Exact pair and has been looking for some time. The fact that you view it as something generic is not going to help at all is it?

BUt then you aren't really posting to help are you?

2. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

Not when he's asked for help and quoting himself every 3 days. It's honestly not that difficult to find something one likes. Do some damn research yourself. It might not be exact but that thick frame has been in for like 5 years. I'll help if he gives a list of brands he looked at first. Chances are they won't even look good on the posters face. It's better to go to stores and try stuff on then to pic what celebrities wear. Be unique don't be a sheep. /rant

3. OmniscientCause

Moscot yona or Bp pallenberg/Ted are close

1 person likes this.
  4. ebong

ebong Active Member

Can you please suggest an alternative to Warby Parker's Burke model around the same price range with similar styling?
    [​IMG]

Also, any brands that offer try at home services

5. j-rad

j-rad Member

6. ame302

ame302 New Member

I usually am a contact wearer, but just got a pair of glasses- approx # ( both eyes similar) sphere-525, cylinder -075, axis 010, the values on the glasses arm which I think you need are 53 and 15. I bought SV 1.67 Zeiss PF lenses. They are 5 mm thick on the edges, does this sound right?? I have and old pair, same script but smaller frame and the lenses are maybe a 1.5 mm.

7. OmniscientCause

Copped a pair of Andreson ops off eBay. Same face as Moscot miltzen with different arms. Needed something to wear with darker colors because yellow is a little aggressive for some occasions

8. CityConnection

CityConnection Senior member

Sorry for being MIA, but hopefully this will still help.

For super simple look into Minima form France, Lindberg from Denmark or Kazuo Kawasaki from Japan. All well made and all quite durable. With a trivex, 1.6, 1.67, or 1.74 lenses, you won't have any problems.

9. CityConnection

Warby Parker will not have the same feel or quality. Salt and Dita will have similar quality. Also Kazuo Kawasaki and Masunaga will have some thinner plastics like the Denison.

10. CityConnection

In terms of the plastic and metal combo, there are tons of options. Almost every brand will make a variation of that. another option is going with a plastic to crystal gradient or brown to crystal/yellow gradient. Again, almost all brands will make something like that. Are you looking for a particular shape, size, style?

11. CityConnection

IMHO, if you like them from Warby Parker, get them. You won't find anything in that price range that will be better quality. In that price price range, they will all be similar in quality. They great branding and that is what makes up for their lack of quality and finish. Don;t get me wrong, for that price point, it is bang for the buck, but I just wouldn't consider it anymore than a seasonable disposable pair of glasses.

12. CityConnection

Depending on how far your eyes are apart, but that sounds about right. Small the frame, thinner the lenses. Larger the frame, thicker the lenses.

13. CityConnection

BTW, I'm back if anyone else has questions.

I won't answer "What frame is this?" because truthfully, I won't know the answer. I don't know all brands and all models, but I'm sure someone else on SF will be able to answer it if we pool are minds together.

Cheers,
    CC

14. ebong

ebong Active Member

Thanks for the reply. The reason I was asking was because the arms on the Burke weren't quite long enough for me. This might be a silly question, but for all these brands that you are recommending are they readily available at typical eye wear stores that I can visit in person? I don't recall seeing brands like Oliver's people, Salt, or Kazuo at the places I've been to.

15. CityConnection

Op, Salt and Kawasaki will be limited distribution but you should be able to find it in your town. Where are you from? Im sure some locals will be able to help you out.

16. ebong

ebong Active Member

I'm in northern Virginia

17. LeeJason

LeeJason Well-Known Member

I'm from the area, but only know Lindberg dealers so I'm pretty much useless :[

18. 1969

1969 Senior member

What's your opinion on Tom Ford quality and about progressives with clip on polar lenses? This is my first pair of glasses and the idea of adding a decent pair of sunglasses to boot is appealing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  19. jasonbetz

jasonbetz Member

Tom Ford's quality is not that great. It has become a mass produced product like Rayban, Oakley, Chanel, etc. There is no great design or materials that make a Tom Ford frame worth the price.

20. 1969

1969 Senior member

Thanks I came to that conclusion after looking at a few other shops. Ended up with Barton Perreira, not sure about the quality but they fit my face far better than anything else I found.