1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask me about Eyewear!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CityConnection, May 23, 2009.

1. radvinb

radvinb Member

Can someone please id these eyeglass frames for me? or even something close to it?

Thanks

2. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior member

Mykita Jay

3. radvinb

radvinb Member

WoW! awesome thanks for your help:)

4. lovelux2010

lovelux2010 Senior member

anyone know of any Francois Pinton stocklists in London, or do I have to Eurostar to Paris? any help appreciated as want a classic pair and it seems this brand has some good options. I also like the cutler and gross sunglasses, oliver peoples and the barton pferrira eyeglasses to give you an idea of what I'm after..thanks!

5. newbien

newbien Well-Known Member

Can I get some feedback on my frames? I wanted to try something different besides black and rectangular. These are moss tortoise.

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  6. westcoastinn

westcoastinn New Member

Look great on you but sit a little low in the bridge. You can probably take it to any optical shop in the area and have them narrow the bridge a little bit (zyl is safe and easy to reform in skilled hands).

7. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

My sunglasses from Shuron keeps slipping off my (flat and small) nose. What do?

8. Harsh Malewar

Harsh Malewar New Member

Hey I've a doubt about the sunglasses(frame) to choose. I have a round face. But I do have spikes and a goatie to make my face look a bit long. Hence, I believe Aviators look good on me. But when I smile, my face becomes a bit round and I find that Aviators (when I smile) probably don't get along that well. Which frame should I really be looking for hence? Any Suggestion?

When I smile :
    [​IMG]

Without smile:

[​IMG]

9. masshi

masshi Senior member

only thing that changes is that your cheeks become more prominent

your face is round regardless of expression

10. Harsh Malewar

Harsh Malewar New Member

Hey thanks for the analysis. Can you recommend a frame to choose?

11. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

My sunglasses keep leaving marks on my nose as if they are too tight at the bridge, as shown in these pics (ignore my slightly red nose)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The part of the sunglasses probably causing it
    [​IMG]

Can I get something fixed around the bridge at an optician to avoid leaving these marks on my nose after having them on for a while? I really like them, but it's a bit annoying (purely aesthetically) when I take them off. There's no pain when I have them on as if they are way too tight, they just feel snug and like they won't fall off.

More info about the specific model:
    http://webshop.hankjobenhavn.com/products/243-wolfgang/1189-wolfgang-black---sunglasses/

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  12. Harsh Malewar

Harsh Malewar New Member

Are the sunglasses sitting too high or tight? That should not have happened otherwise. I don't think an optician will be able to help you much since the material for the bridge is integrated and not separated. It is common though and usually the marks go off in a few minutes. Does your sustain?

13. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Well, it does disappear after a few minutes, but I was just wondering if it was possible to avoid it entirely.

14. Harsh Malewar

Harsh Malewar New Member

No you cannot really do anything. You need to get new sunglasses and try them out to figure out which doesn't leave behind that sort of mark.

15. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Can anyone recommend non-slip nose pad for sunglasses? Thanks in advance :)

16. CaptainApathy

CaptainApathy Active Member

Can't help you with the nose pads, but I can offer an alternative that may work depending on the frame. My wife recently received some Nerd Wax and found it works well for her. Her frames are acetate, which seems like an ideal match for it. Not sure how well it would work with pads on metal frames.

http://www.nerdwax.com/

17. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

the ones on my ic berlin work great, not sure what they are but hold better than my mykita and those I think are made of silicone which still work pretty good

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  18. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior member

Really? In my experience Mykita uses softer and grippier latex than IC! Berlin. My IC! Berlins seem to have a slightly tighter clamp, though, so that might be why they don't slip off as much for you. And since those frames weigh so little slippage isn't as much of a problem.

19. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

agree the mykita nose pads do feel softer than ic berlins, but ime the berlins stay put better than mykitas once you factor in sweat, sunscreen, etc. the softer pads on the mykita slip a bit under those conditions while the berlins stay put

I live in warm climate so sweat and facial oil is always an issue and main reason the typical acetate frames never cut it for me, ymmv

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014