1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask me about Eyewear!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CityConnection, May 23, 2009.

1. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

Hard to tell but he does wear them a bit on the smaller side. Most of the pics I have seen on here and the other forums usually wear the lemtosh a size up. I have the lemtosh and I went with the size corresponding to my Pupillary distance. Best bet is to e-mail and/or call Moscot

2. lim

lim New Member

Hi City Connection

Just checking whether 500 usd for Toki Collection from masunaga is warranted?

3. wurm

wurm Senior member

hi CC,
    i was told by my eye doctor that i'm really sensitive to sunlight and should wear sunglasses. i've only had one pair of frames - normal eyeglasses. i think i have a general idea for what suits my face, though not precise. could you give me an idea of whether or not these mykita sunglasses would be a good fit for my face (pictures of it below) or not?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

my face:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i would get the black pair if it matters. i don't know much about mykita but they seem like they're probably decently nice. do you have an opinion?

thanks very much for all this.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  4. aspasp

aspasp Senior member

One side of my glasses is closer to my face than the other, i think it's because my glasses are not big enough and the arm is being pushed by my head. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

5. ZMEH

ZMEH Active Member

Anyone knows the maker of these glasses? Better if you could provide the model. Thanks!

[​IMG]

6. sino

sino New Member

Does anyone know which shades these are?

[​IMG]

7. lovelux2010

lovelux2010 Senior member

not sure if this is the right thread, but do any members know where i could find vintage eyeglass frames in london. i have OPs i wear day in day out, but really craving to have a couple different pairs to wear, perhaps something quite unique...

secondly, which brands would be good to look at and from which era? - would like to have good quality and not too chunky design, i prefer the smaller size frames as i have a relatively small face.
    thanks!

8. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

What is the quality of SALT sunglasses? Are they worth the price? Any places to get them for a good price?

9. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

I know its not men eyeware...but my gf really likes the glasses olivia munn wears in newsroom. Any idea as to who makes them?

10. opsunset8

opsunset8 New Member

Hi there,

I am real want to buy Oliver Peoples sunglasses that call Sunset.

It is one of the rarest model from Fight Club movie which wore Brad Pitt.

If some one help me where I can to buy this model or sell me Oliver Peoples Sunset ( I pay a good price) or give me se advises, I , will be real appreciate it.

Thanks

11. BuffaloWang

BuffaloWang Senior member

12. ac21686

ac21686 Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I might find something like Warby Parker's Winston frames but smaller?

[​IMG]

I like the shape of them (in either the fade color there, or just black) but they were just too big on and seemed to have too much space underneath my eye. I checked Moscot and Oliver Peoples and was surprised to find there wasn't anything all that close.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  13. scb

scb Senior member

14. nightic

nightic Senior member

SALT Optics Ollie.
    Similar dimensions with regards to lens width and bridge but less clunky/more refined:

http://www.saltoptics.com/detail.php?categoryid=1&id=109&pageindex=30&orderby=3

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  15. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Can someone recommend an opto shop in the DC area that encapsulates what is found on this thread? I have a bigger head/face and need step up my game in the eyeglasses area. Thanks.

16. OmniscientCause

[​IMG]

What frames are these...and as a side note can any pair of glasses be made into sunglass, if yes who would be able to do this if the company doesnt offer them in sunglasses.

17. scb

scb Senior member

since it's Giovanni Ribisi, I'm going to guess they're Barton Perreira

18. OmniscientCause

Thanks checking them out now...dont look cheap either! Any idea where they retail? This is something I would need to try on first for sure.

Im liking the darwin in golden honey with green lenses...might have to try moscot, if I recall they offer something similar in the 260 range.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  19. OmniscientCause

Yellow frames are in...shia wearing what I think are persol 3007s. I wish these were made in sunglasses, though I guess I could do the clip on.

[​IMG]

20. ryan24

ryan24 Senior member

BP is usually in the $325-$350 range and yes never buy eyewear without trying them on first!!