• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
Was looking at the alder sunglasses from salt optics. But my Asian nose can't hack it. Was wondering if it's possible to add nose pads to the sunglasses. Would this change the look of the sunglasses completely. Has anybody ever done this before.

http://www.saltoptics.com/detail.php...id=2&orderby=2

CC can u chime in on this?

It is possible to get it done, BUT it will change the look. The charge of the key hole bridge is that it sits close to the nose and gives it a bit of shape. I can't recall anyone wearing a keyhole with a nose pad arm implant, but I have seen people put on silicone stick pads.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
It is possible to get it done, BUT it will change the look. The charge of the key hole bridge is that it sits close to the nose and gives it a bit of shape. I can't recall anyone wearing a keyhole with a nose pad arm implant, but I have seen people put on silicone stick pads.

Ahh silcone is not going to cut it as I don't got a nose for it. My measurement is usually 17, these glasses have a 22. Can you suggest another brand with similar style and quality to the one im looking for that is more asian friendly? Thanks

bobden

Reaction score
I'd like an outside opinion. Do people find these too large for me?

Sorry for the cell phone quality.
Pimly.jpg

BRCNp.jpg

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by viperware
Been scouring through the internet to try to figure out who the heck makes the glasses Kevin Hart wears on the Jumpman 23 commercials. No one seems to know. I think here is my best chance. Anyone have any ideas? They might just be vintage 50s glasses but it's hard to tell if these are new or not. I don't want wayfarers! Thanks!
-viperware

hart_frames.jpg

Not exactly, but maybe try your luck with Nom de Guerre x Oliver Peoples?

nom-de-guerre-olivers-people-5.jpg

viperware

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cioni2k
Not exactly, but maybe try your luck with Nom de Guerre x Oliver Peoples?

nom-de-guerre-olivers-people-5.jpg

Been scouring through the internet to try to figure out who the heck makes the glasses Kevin Hart wears on the Jumpman 23 commercials. No one seems to know. I think here is my best chance. Anyone have any ideas? They might just be vintage 50s glasses but it's hard to tell if these are new or not. I don't want wayfarers! Thanks!
-viperware

hart_frames.jpg

Thanks for the excellent try! But guess what, I found them! Finally effing found them!

Edward Beiner: Merrick

Screen-shot-2010-08-26-at-11.48.51-AM-e1282837819875.png

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i need more info about these square shaped clubmasters. a member said they are vintage clubmasters but when i googled that a pair turned up that looked different.

tumblr_l917syQUpF1qdg1keo1_500.jpg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are these SF sunglasses cool? I have a pair of Tortoise Shell Ray Ban Wayfarers (new style) that are my go-to glasses. I was thinking of picking up the SF glasses in black.

I'm also interested in some Dior sunglasses, but their website is so horrible I can't even be knackered to give it a shot.

chroMe

Reaction score
now looking for contacts - soo many people are over doing the black frames/50s/tom ford thing. also wearing glasses with scooter goggles gives me headaches

viperware

Reaction score
Thanks for the excellent try! But guess what, I found them! Finally effing found them!

Edward Beiner: Merrick

Screen-shot-2010-08-26-at-11.48.51-AM-e1282837819875.png

And now, in my posession. I present to you, the Edward Beiner Merrick. A suitable end to my quest, thanks gang!

beiners.JPG

drechie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
i need more info about these square shaped clubmasters. a member said they are vintage clubmasters but when i googled that a pair turned up that looked different.

tumblr_l917syQUpF1qdg1keo1_500.jpg

these are so sick. someone needs to ID these

jaac

Reaction score
Anyone have some fitpics of Robert Geller Marcello's?

Rockwell

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chroMe
now looking for contacts - soo many people are over doing the black frames/50s/tom ford thing. also wearing glasses with scooter goggles gives me headaches

Scooter goggles are awesome! I have some too. I wear contacts with my goggles but sometimes I try to stuff my glasses under it. Some of my glasses (like the thinner ones) work better than others (bigger plastic ones). But it's kind of a waste if you aren't going to use the contacts all day and only for when you're scootin.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads