• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

BPL Esq

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Do you have brands where I can get high rise regular selvedge denim ?

Can't find a any in naked&famous and APC. I'm curently considering trying the new Uniqlo U.

How high do you mean? Both my Nudie and Naked & Famous jeans sit at my natural waist (i.e., not low rise).

MisterSting

Reaction score
How high do you mean? Both my Nudie and Naked & Famous jeans sit at my natural waist (i.e., not low rise).

I mean at least the natural waist, really the bare minimum. I have a naked and famous easy guy but I'm looking for something a leg openning of 19cm (7.4 inches).

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It'll be quite a jump in price, but Dior has a lot of selvedge and the newer offerings have a higher waist IME.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Can't find a any in naked&famous and APC. I'm curently considering trying the new Uniqlo U.

Anglo Italian
Drakes
Sid Mashburn

All offer a selveldge denim with higher rise.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Obviously, we all have different dimensions and so these things will fit different people in different ways.

However, I have a regular pair of Uniqlo selvedge denim jeans (ie not Uniqlo U) and they come up to my natural waist - the waistband just reaches the bottom of my navel. I haven't measured the leg opening so I'm not sure if it would be too narrow for you, though.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Raglan sleeve navy sweatshirt “formal” enough to wear over an OCBD? Any leads?

BB_Adept

Reaction score
I live in Germany and would like to buy more MTM or custom made clothes.The city i live in is fairly small and i have little time to go clothes shopping.
What European based online shops are recommended? I dislike paying an additional amount of taxes. I recently ordered from Collaro in Singapore which was a good experience so far. Would love to finde a tailor like this or Dylan and Son (also Singapore based).
Also Spier and Mackay looks like a very cool shop but they are in Canada.
Thanks in advance!

BPL Esq

Reaction score
I live in Germany and would like to buy more MTM or custom made clothes.The city i live in is fairly small and i have little time to go clothes shopping.
What European based online shops are recommended? I dislike paying an additional amount of taxes. I recently ordered from Collaro in Singapore which was a good experience so far. Would love to finde a tailor like this or Dylan and Son (also Singapore based).
Thanks in advance!

You might try looking at Bernhard Roetzel's IG for some inspiration. He typically posts details about his outfits on a regular basis, including information about the identities of the European tailors who make his clothes.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very happy to be proven wrong but I don’t think you’ll find much experience of EU online MTM here.

The US, being a much larger place, tends to have a certain amount and then there are the offshore providers in lower-cost countries where the lower labour cost is essentially the draw, which can be counterbalanced with the potential for import taxes which you have expressed a desire to avoid.

The one provider which does come to mind, but more MTO than MTM, is Lopez Aragon. Can be excellent value with their regular discounts, but their fit is contemporary which may or may not be what you are looking for. They provide detailed measurements which makes things easier.

archipel

Reaction score
Thanks in advance!

Did you look at Suitsupply?

BB_Adept

Reaction score
I ordered one pair of trousers from them, but it was far too tight around the thigh so I returned them. It was a "wider" model but I cannot remember the name.
I assume their jackets will not fit either.

Civitas

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm looking to get a suit for my new job in Finance this summer. Will mostly be stationed in Asia, but with occasional travel to London and New York. Do you think this style is conservative enough, or will I stand out in a bad way?

TheIronDandy

Reaction score
Thanks in advance!

https://blugiallo.com/ offers online orders for their MTM, and are based out of Sweden. I've only had jeans made MTM there, but some associates of mine have had suits made there and seem very happy with them. I haven't used their online ordering, only visited in person, and the customer service was top notch. Worth checking out if you like the Italian style.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads