Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

So you're saying you aren't athletic? Then it might work for you.

2. Essential

Essential Senior member

I done goofed? I went to Izzy from LS and got measured in person, OTR is too big for me (35S).

3. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

4. index1489

index1489 Well-Known Member

5. Gilles23

Gilles23 New Member

Last edited: May 22, 2012

6. Naked Economist

Naked Economist Member

7. BlueHorseShoe

BlueHorseShoe Senior member

Very different watches. Might want to figure out what kind of watch you want first, then start narrowing down. Don't boil the ocean

8. Naked Economist

Naked Economist Member

I think I want a watch similar to the Longines one. The other two with metal straps wouldn't look good in the office.

9. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

Your question would be better posed as a thread all its own, and preferably to someplace like watchuseek.com or timezone.com, not as part of the Ask a Question thread here on SF.

It's actually a fairly complicated question, made all the more so by the fact that you don't appear to have even narrowed it down to a single type (sport or dress) of watch.

But fwiw, I'd pick the first watch listed, the Longines Conquest. It's a handsome, classic style watch, which would work well with a suit and tie. However, I wouldn't pay anywhere near 760 pounds for it.
    --
    Michael

10. Essential

Essential Senior member

11. ovitch

ovitch Member

Dear all,

I live in New York for the last six months and I need to renew a pair of lace-up black shoes to go along with my suit. In France I'm used to buy Loding, Finsbury or Emling, three amazing brands that are amazing alternative to english brands and much cheaper ($200/$300)

As these brand are located only in Europe, I wonder what alternatives are available for black derbys (we call them richelieu even if we're wrong). My reference model would be the C&J Weymouth but at $700 I can't really afford them.

My price range would be between $200 and $300 maximum. I'll already check Johnston&Murphy (as they leather and finitions appeared to be correct but I'll wait to see them before judging), but I will be open to other brands.

Would anybody have a idea?

Thank you in advance.

S.

PS: I discarded Cole&Haan and many other cheap shoes. I'm looking more for the small business that knows what are shoes for men.

12. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

Allen Edmonds.

13. hoth

hoth Member

After doing some research my search for a good suit has only gotten harder. I'm looking to get a solid navy suit, as it is a staple.

I'm a fan of the fashion suits, thin fit, narrow lapel... However, now that I am more informed, I'm having a tough time finding the right suit.

I started with a Jam/Sharp Boss, and now, well, that is out of the question. Next was a Benjamin from eHaberdasher then a Jort from Suitsupply, but the styles weren't quite right.

My budget can handle up to a $1000 suit, and the only store nearby is MW (so no help there). This is going to have to be purchased online, and tailored at either MW or a local tailor I don't entirely trust.

At this point, I just need some direction, where can I find a well made suit (preferably full canvas) that is still the fashion look without overpaying for the name?

Last edited: May 22, 2012

14. GrensonMan

GrensonMan Senior member

Looking for some dress shirts that have a collar that stands up nicely and is prominent. My price point is $200 or lower. I hear Thomas Pink collars fit the bill nicely, but they are overpriced IMO.

Last edited: May 23, 2012

15. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

Have you looked into BB Fitzgerald?