• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
plain. it's the ultimate workhorse, you can wear it to anything short of a funeral.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A lower button stance makes you look taller, leaner, and smarter. Wear your buttons too high and risk looking like a waiter. Waiters don't get laid as much as you think.

Too low can look just as bad as too high.

b9w4

Reaction score
Too low can look just as bad as too high.
While it's true that a button stance that is too low as a product of a suit that is too large just looks bad, the only downside of a low button stance on a well-fitting jacket is that it may bring undue attention to your monumental cajones.

E TF

Reaction score

I'm not sure this is the right thread, I'm sorry if not.
I'm looking for a navy rain coat/car coat, around $100-150 with visible buttons.
Something like this, but cheaper.

http://www.folkclothing.com/men/light-rainmac-navy

Also I wonder where suits for shorter guys can be purchased on the internet? I just recieved a suit from suitsupply which was way too long for me, I'm about 5'5", 165cm. The size was 34 uk 44eu.

Thank you.

You're in London right? In which case seems to me you will be far better off taking an afternoon to visit some bricks and mortar shops and trying on jackets in person. When you have found a brand and size that fits, you can order as many as you want from them online. If all else fails Suit Supply will make you a MTM suit for a pretty reasonable price if you visit one of their shops to get measured up.

E TF

Reaction score

is gray vest with a black suit okay?

And is matching tie color with your date's dress color tacky? Was planning to match shirt color or not match at all...

Thanks for the reply - this is kind of important to me !

Grey vest with black suit sounds horrible to me. Black suits are not held in high esteem in these parts anyway.

Do not match any part of your outfit to that of your date, it is tacky.

viator

Reaction score
Can someone point me to a place where I can buy some nice drawstring linen pants for relaxing as the weather gets warmer?

jawboneofa

Reaction score
Shoot...two different answers from two respected posters. The idea would be to send it to TC; I tried emailing them to ask if they could do it, but I haven't heard back yet. I know that narrowing can be done, but sevenfold seems like it would be a different ballgame.

Thanks to both Sanguis Mortuum and cptjeff. I think the jury is out until I hear back from TC.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I second tiecrafters. they are known to be the go to place for doing all things ties properly.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoot...two different answers from two respected posters. The idea would be to send it to TC; I tried emailing them to ask if they could do it, but I haven't heard back yet. I know that narrowing can be done, but sevenfold seems like it would be a different ballgame.
Thanks to both Sanguis Mortuum and cptjeff. I think the jury is out until I hear back from TC.

Pretty much they will open the whole tie, refold (with trimming if necessary), and sew it back. Your end product will be in original fabric but TieCrafters' craftsmanship, which is pretty good.

Spurious

Reaction score
Anyone recommendation on a great location to buy cuff links in London?

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation on a all around good suede loafer? Planning to wear it with dark jeans/chinos. Something versatile. Price is under $400. Thanks for any suggestions!:slayer:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a charitable event Friday night that states the proper dress is "Business Attire." Any problem with wearing a pinstripe suit to the event?

Bob5432

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here.

I have a few questions, but I'll try to ask them 1 by 1.
I was wondering if I needed to match my belt with my shoes. Not color wise, but brand wise?

I'll be wearing a pair of Ferragamo shoes with their signature silver buckles (not sure how you call them)

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...tore+Ferragamo&N=1568+306418205&bmUID=jsQQ146

and I want to use a Mont Blanc belt.

Does having two different logos look bad?

Thanks alot!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads