1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. imatlas

imatlas Distinguished Member

plain. it's the ultimate workhorse, you can wear it to anything short of a funeral.

2. Gibonius

Gibonius Stylish Dinosaur

Too low can look just as bad as too high.

3. b9w4

b9w4 Member

While it's true that a button stance that is too low as a product of a suit that is too large just looks bad, the only downside of a low button stance on a well-fitting jacket is that it may bring undue attention to your monumental cajones.

4. E TF

E TF Senior Member

You're in London right? In which case seems to me you will be far better off taking an afternoon to visit some bricks and mortar shops and trying on jackets in person. When you have found a brand and size that fits, you can order as many as you want from them online. If all else fails Suit Supply will make you a MTM suit for a pretty reasonable price if you visit one of their shops to get measured up.

5. E TF

E TF Senior Member

Grey vest with black suit sounds horrible to me. Black suits are not held in high esteem in these parts anyway.

Do not match any part of your outfit to that of your date, it is tacky.

6. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Distinguished Member

Yes. Make sure you use someone who knows what they're doing (e.g. TieCrafters).

7. viator

viator Senior Member

Can someone point me to a place where I can buy some nice drawstring linen pants for relaxing as the weather gets warmer?

8. jawboneofa

jawboneofa Senior Member

Shoot...two different answers from two respected posters. The idea would be to send it to TC; I tried emailing them to ask if they could do it, but I haven't heard back yet. I know that narrowing can be done, but sevenfold seems like it would be a different ballgame.

Thanks to both Sanguis Mortuum and cptjeff. I think the jury is out until I hear back from TC.

9. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

I second tiecrafters. they are known to be the go to place for doing all things ties properly.

10. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Distinguished Member

It requires more work of course, but I don't think there's any reason a seven-fold can't be narrowed.

11. onix

onix Distinguished Member

Pretty much they will open the whole tie, refold (with trimming if necessary), and sew it back. Your end product will be in original fabric but TieCrafters' craftsmanship, which is pretty good.

12. Spurious

Spurious Senior Member

Anyone recommendation on a great location to buy cuff links in London?

13. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Distinguished Member

Any recommendation on a all around good suede loafer? Planning to wear it with dark jeans/chinos. Something versatile. Price is under $400. Thanks for any suggestions!:slayer:

14. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Distinguished Member

I have a charitable event Friday night that states the proper dress is "Business Attire." Any problem with wearing a pinstripe suit to the event?

15. Bob5432

Bob5432 Member

Hey guys, new here.

I have a few questions, but I'll try to ask them 1 by 1.
    I was wondering if I needed to match my belt with my shoes. Not color wise, but brand wise?

I'll be wearing a pair of Ferragamo shoes with their signature silver buckles (not sure how you call them)

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...tore+Ferragamo&N=1568+306418205&bmUID=jsQQ146

and I want to use a Mont Blanc belt.

Does having two different logos look bad?

Thanks alot!