1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Gramcacker

Gramcacker New Member

Who makes an extra small shirt that would be comparable to JCrew's men's extra small?

2. PigFlys

PigFlys Member

Thanks alot !!! I just google mapped Leather Soul, will be sure to drop by.

I am a little bit confused, I was always told don't get your suede dirty as they are a pain in the butt to clean. My Clark's DB also got a lot of blue stains transferred from jeans, haven't been able to get it out. I am going to search on how to clean Suede leather here to read up on it. Would gladly buy another suede chukka if it is easy to take care of. Suede seems so versatile for casual.

3. aglass

aglass Well-Known Member

Thanks Patrick, that's very helpful.

4. imatlas

imatlas Distinguished Member

Those blue stains are dye transfer, which is a colossal pain to get out of anything, so raw denim with suede is a risk. Some folks just consider it patina :)

Most other stains are really easy to get out of suede - there's even a youtube video from Lefot showing how to wash the Alden flex chukkas by brushing them under running water. Not recommended for lined suede, of course!

5. Sui iuris

Sui iuris Member

I'm not sure this is the right thread, I'm sorry if not.
    I'm looking for a navy rain coat/car coat, around $100-150 with visible buttons.
    Something like this, but cheaper.

http://www.folkclothing.com/men/light-rainmac-navy

Also I wonder where suits for shorter guys can be purchased on the internet? I just recieved a suit from suitsupply which was way too long for me, I'm about 5'5", 165cm. The size was 34 uk 44eu.

Thank you.

Last edited: May 8, 2012

6. Master Milano

Master Milano Distinguished Member

is gray vest with a black suit okay?

And is matching tie color with your date's dress color tacky? Was planning to match shirt color or not match at all...

Thanks for the reply - this is kind of important to me !

7. jawboneofa

jawboneofa Senior Member

Is it possible to make a sevenfold tie narrower? Like from 4" to 3.5"? Thanks!

8. Gorpomon

Gorpomon Well-Known Member

#8 Chromexcel in either boat shoe or beefroll penny, which one?

Look would be a white denim/patterned dress shirt summer style, might do a linen navy blazer or a faded black cotton blazer. Might also do alpha khakis.

Thoughts on which one is best for said look, also which one is a bit more versatile?

9. msulinski

msulinski Distinguished Member

I would like some recommendations on a 3rd MTM suit fabric. My first 2 are a charcoal herringbone, and the second a medium/dark grey with small, light blue pintstripes. I was thinking something navy or brown. I don't have to dress ultra city/formal to work, but maybe it would be nice to have the option.

Thanks

10. gyasih

gyasih Distinguished Member

How close should back pants pockets be? I want a pair of pants taken in and fear the "pockets too close" issue

11. nolanmjj

nolanmjj Well-Known Member

thoughts? excuse the sloppiness of the tie and the lack of smoothing out hte jacket--debating whether to return or not, hence why the price tag is still on there. off the rack saks zegna cloth slim fit. are the shoulders too wide? please scrutizine as i know SF will be the most critical of eyes.

suit 1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

suit 2 (colors do not appear that much different due to lighting. this is gray, previous is navy).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thanks!

12. b9w4

b9w4 Member

A lower button stance makes you look taller, leaner, and smarter. Wear your buttons too high and risk looking like a waiter. Waiters don't get laid as much as you think.

13. onix

onix Distinguished Member

If they're dress pants, then the pockets should not be (too) visible, so this should not be an issue. Regardless you can always have them taken from the sides.

14. cptjeff

cptjeff Distinguished Member

Not without completely remaking the tie. Sell it or shelve it, but it's probably not worth remaking, especially since such work would take a skilled tiemaker.

I like penny loafers, leather sole. If you want a rubber sole, go with a camp moc or boat shoe.

Navy, but not too dark of one.

15. msulinski

msulinski Distinguished Member