Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. konradm

konradm New Member

Hi,
    can anyone help me out finding out what boots those are?: http://imgur.com/a/RQ56n
    I'm looking for a decent pair of leather boots which I can go backpacking with. Not hiking shoes but something rougher than the average leather shoe; for the occasional hike. I pretty much like the Vasque's Sundowner, but it's still a hiking shoe and looks a bit funny in town. This one in the pictures looks like what I'm looking for.

Thanks,
    k

2. doughie

doughie Well-Known Member

Carmina vs C&J Benchgrade?

3. ManCrush

ManCrush Well-Known Member

Uh oh...here we go. [​IMG]

4. doughie

doughie Well-Known Member

Haha, I see. I just wonder if it's worth to pay an extra addition of ~120$ for C&J Benchgrade instead for Carmina?

5. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

Have you looked at Wolverine 1000 Mile?

6. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't think you need anymore waist supression honestly. To really tell how it fits I would take the basting threads out of the vents to see if they slay open. If they do then supression would exacerbate this. If not, than maybe a pintch at the back center seam.

Most people here will tell you the jacket is too short. I think it is ok though.

I don't see what you mean about fabric bunching in the armpit area.

I think, in general the jacket is a size too large by how the collar is gaping around your neck. No getting out of that.

7. ManCrush

ManCrush Well-Known Member

Always comes down to taste. Bottom line...which shoe wows you more? They're close enough in quality whereby the wow factor would be the deciding factor in my decision. If I were to like the more expensive shoe more, I wouldn't let $120 stop me from getting it, but that's me.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/221883/shoes-c-j-or-carmina

Last edited: May 2, 2012

8. Essential

Essential Senior member

9. Pmcg15

Pmcg15 New Member

Does anyone know what might cause these "indents" in the shoulders of a jacket, and whether a tailor can repair them?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. erutha95

erutha95 Member

Hi everybody,

So I just picked up a BB Fitzgerald suit, and I wanted to make sure there isn't anything glaringly wrong with the fit before I commit to keeping it and get it tailored. To my eye, it looks pretty good, but I figured it would be a good idea to ask for the opinion of some people who know better. If it's hard to tell, these pants aren't the suit pants so don't worry that they don't quite match.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It seems to me that the shoulder fit is spot on, the midsection may be just a touch tight (especially with a dress shirt rather than a t-shirt on), and obviously the vent wants to open up but can't because it's still sewed shut.

I plan on taking this to Mr. Field in DC to be altered. I haven't really dealt with a really good tailor before, so I have one question: if I just take the suit to him and say, "Make it fit, please," is that appropriate and would he know just what to do? I certainly don't know whether one sleeve is a quarter inch too long, etc

Also, I would use this suit to interview for positions in a relatively conservative industry. Is it too light a shade of gray for fall/early winter interviews? I know charcoal or navy is preferred, but I think this could be fine with a conservative shirt and tie and black shoes, and may go a little better with my complexion than darker colors.

Thanks for your help!

11. serko

serko Member

Where do I find these shoes? Who designed them?

[​IMG]

12. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

Does this creasing look excessive (Burgundy Shell Cordovan Alden)?

[​IMG]

The creasing on my AE's seems greatly reduced, although they are a half size smaller and a longwing:

[​IMG]

13. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

I've seen a similar amount of creasing in photos posted on the Alden thread. How old are the shoes and/or how much have you worn them? You may want to cross post on the Alden thread. Those guys have a lot of experience with shell.

14. Essential

Essential Senior member

Last edited: May 2, 2012

15. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

You asked this about 5 hours earlier, and just 4 posts back.

Since I think both are horrible, and you'd made it clear that you didn't want to be talked out of buying one, I remained silent. Could be that's why nobody else has helped you choose.
    --
    Michael