• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Burberry Shirting
Overpriced and garish, or quality and subtle?

wait you really go to Case? Not only are you interested in clothing but also have heard of Burberry? hmmm.... maybe hell has frozen over :lol:

btw... garish, I dunno. Matter of opinion but borderline obnoxious. Overpriced? Definitely.

Last edited:

chrisjr

Reaction score
know any retailers that sell tory burch? hoping to find this somewhere for the GF.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CWRUSteez

Reaction score
Yea, Case...
Cleveland isn't much fun.

I'd like to think I know more about clothing than the kids outside playing Humans v Zombies with nerf guns, but you never know....

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yea, Case...
Cleveland isn't much fun.
I'd like to think I know more about clothing than the kids outside playing Humans v Zombies with nerf guns, but you never know....

understatement of the century! my condolences... I did my undergrad there and I'm sure you do know more than the dorks on the quad.... Humans v. Zombies with nerf guns... wow ...hasn't changed a bit. btw... as you sadly already know CWRU stands for Case Women R Ugly! :lol: hang in there... you'll escape someday!

and back to the Burberry... some of it is understated and can be cool... not the hideous and ostentatious Nova check ****, but I have a few cool shirts and ties... and obviously their trenches are still classic. Burberry Prorsum (meaning "forwards") is the edgier, funkier stuff which can be quite cool indeed. :nodding:

Last edited:

CWRUSteez

Reaction score

understatement of the century! my condolences... I did my undergrad there and I'm sure you do know more than the dorks on the quad.... Humans v. Zombies with nerf guns... wow ...hasn't changed a bit. btw... as you sadly already know CWRU stands for Case Women R Ugly! :lol: hang in there... you'll escape someday!
and back to the Burberry... some of it is understated and can be cool... not the hideous and ostentatious Nova check ****, but I have a few cool shirts and ties... and obviously their trenches are still classic. Burberry Prorsum (meaning "forwards") is the edgier, funkier stuff which can be quite cool indeed. :nodding:

I'm in BME, so I haven't been able to explore much, haha

I was actually arguing with someone that goes here about Burberry, and posted on here to make sure I was right. I guess I wasn't as right as I thought I was.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm in BME, so I haven't been able to explore much, haha
I was actually arguing with someone that goes here about Burberry, and posted on here to make sure I was right. I guess I wasn't as right as I thought I was.

what was the question exactly?

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He was convinced that Burberry was the be all for shirting, I thought their shirts are over priced, loud, garbage.

well... he's wrong without a doubt. There are FAR superior shirts from makers all around the world..and as you'll find on here, bespoke makers that exceed in fit and quality that OTR just cannot match. that being said, not all of their stuff is the obnoxious crap with which I'm sure you're familiar. Like many fashion labels it's certainly overpriced at retail but I've also bought items in Burberry boutiques at 50% off or more during sales so there are still some good things to be had... I just remembered I have a great wool sweater as well that is understated, well-made and very comfy. anyway... you can take some points... he's full of it. but check out the different lines... they really do have different aesthetics and you may find something to change your opinion a bit. :fonz:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ask him if he's ever heard of Barba or Borrelli.

after saying he thought B'brry was the **** I'd venture a "No".

btw.. he goes to Case so he's probably busy jerking off to a picture of a customized motherboard or some ****. (not you Steez, your buddy! jk) :p

Last edited:

RoddyMac

Reaction score

Absolutely.  Make sure your tie is as well and probably best to stick with a white shirt.  Just my suggestion.

No.
What do you know about conservative? :confused:

thanks for the reply.

how about windowpane vs navy stripe (formality level)?

vs

I'd say navy pin stripe over glen plaid. Then again if you're buying a suit for interviews I'd probably stick with a solid navy or dark gray to be safe.

peshlaki

Reaction score
Is this suit worth having fitted ?
It doesn't need much to fit me..
4b3e5466.jpg

eb7fa8ae.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads