• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

ambivalence

Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone how the quality for the VBC super 130 fabrics? Thinking of making a suit in that fabric

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's a good choice for a first decent pair of dress shoes? I was thinking going black, something along the lines of an Allen Edmonds Park Avenue. I will be wearing these to work at an Investment Bank in NYC.

Thanks

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

josh1492

Reaction score
Anybody know of any brands that make underwear that conforms to every part of your body and makes you feel like you're wearing nothing? I think hanro and zimmerli are among the top luxury brands, but if quality means only the fabric is better, I wouldn't know the difference on my body if I had hanes briefs or hanro mercerized cotton on me.

prolly not your thing but underarmor compression shorts are sweet...cool, light, dry, no bunching, and very comfortable. 30 bucks a piece tho.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
561330008_o.jpg

I got my eyes on this suit. Do you guys think the button stance it's a bit high? I'm feeling like so, but I could use a second opinion. Thanks folks.

haha01

Reaction score
prolly not your thing but underarmor compression shorts are sweet...cool, light, dry, no bunching, and very comfortable. 30 bucks a piece tho.

Probably not haha. But you're the the only person to post a reply to me so that means a lot. Thank you. I wish under armour didn't discontinue their briefs then. I know they made them before.

haha01

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. Yeah, it's not my thing haha, but it means lots for you to even reply, since you're the first person to reply to me. I wish UA didn't discontinue their briefs then.

Sorry, mods didn't see that message til now. Hope the post is approved.

Last edited:

JRGEICO

Reaction score
Depends on which Investment Bank I reckon, if you start as an analyst you probably do not want to have more expensive shoes than the senior folk.

I can't find the exact model I am looking for but it's actually a combination of the two, you only have the outer lining on the tip, not the dots on the very edge on the tip (in terms of clarity I think this sentence is not really helping you sorry)

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Depends on which Investment Bank I reckon, if you start as an analyst you probably do not want to have more expensive shoes than the senior folk.

I can't find the exact model I am looking for but it's actually a combination of the two, you only have the outer lining on the tip, not the dots on the very edge on the tip (in terms of clarity I think this sentence is not really helping you sorry)
Those are both ******* awful. And I think what you're describing might be an austerity brogue? Something like the EG Beaulieu:

JRGEICO

Reaction score
Hm, I would never recommend the above shoes to a relatively young person though.

If I manage to get home at an appropiate hour I will take a picture of the shoes that I am referring to.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
It is Morgan Stanley. I am 35 years old, so I am not a first-year or anything. I am already working there in the Technology and Data group (clothes are much less important here), but I will be interacting with the business analysts a lot more in the coming months, which is part of what prompted the upgrade in wardrobe.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my eyes on this suit. Do you guys think the button stance it's a bit high? I'm feeling like so, but I could use a second opinion. Thanks folks.

pockets are uneven, button stance is too high, too much waist suppression, and the ticket pocket looks incredibly bizarre given the relative formality of the suit as a whole.

sry.

Off My Rack

Reaction score

This. I wear underarmor boxerjocks (I believe that's what they're called). Incredibly comfortable, and no stretching of the legs or thick bands that are visible through the pants. Expensive, but they hold up great. Bought my first pair over 2 years ago, and they haven't deteriorated at all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics