Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

You need to browse the forum more. This is not a "quick question". You may want to check out Benjamin suits at ehaberdasher.com. Bank's are cheap for a reason.

2. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Suit Supply seems to be a popular suggestion to this question, as well as BB, and of course B&S forum.

3. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Anyplace in NYC to get the edges of my pocket square rolled and finished?

4. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

I can't offer a specific recommendation, but I know that the place I used to go to for basic suit alterations (not in NYC) would also turn the odd square of fabric into a pocket square, for a price, of course. So although I've never needed this service, I would think that it's something your tailor might well be able to handle.
    --
    Michael

5. deja

deja New Member

does anyone have any experience with the Cole Haan Shoes, Air Kilgore Plain Toe Oxfords? I was going to buy this one cause it looked nice and had good reviews on macy's, but then I went to zappos and it had 2 bad reviews about the poor quality of this shoes =/ My 2nd option is Calvin Klein Shoes, Gareth 2... looks about the same as cole haan and about the same price, what do you guys think?

6. TuckerSon

TuckerSon Active Member

What can I do to prevent that I'm sweating through my dress shirts? I always wear an undershirt but on light colored shirt that just doesn't help enough.

7. JubeiSpiegel

If you must pick between two evils, pick the lesser of the two. Cole Haan...

8. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

I've got a pair of Cole Haan wingtips from a few years back (pre-SF). They're not the worst shoes I've ever owned. Not bad for glued, corrected grain shoes. As far as low-end shoe makers go, I'd put Cole Haan above Johnston & Murphy, way above Florsheim, but below To Boot NY. No experience with CK shoes. I would probably never buy Cole Haan again at any price and would advise against paying over $100 for them.

9. deja

deja New Member

damn 2 answers 2 different opinions =/ lol and I didn't know $300 shoes (ex. To Boot NY) are considered low end by you guys lol jesus what hell do you guys do and how much do you guys make! hhaha

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  10. JubeiSpiegel

Welcome to SF... :)

11. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Sweat less. Heavy duty antiperspirants, lose weight, cut down on caffeine intake...

12. likeaboss

likeaboss Well-Known Member

What are the significant differences between the Clarks Desert Boot and the Clarks Original Desert Boot? My local store only has the originals.

13. AML225

AML225 Senior member

Hi guys, I'm looking for some good slim fit dress pants/slacks that I can get in multiple colors. I'd prefer pants that I can get in my correct size without needing them altered. I'm typically like a 33/34 waist and a 29 length. Another member here (herrmj) suggest I try Epaulet's slim walt trousers: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-Mens-Clothing-cln-Trousers/Categories. Those seem really great but they only appear to come in a 34" inseam and are a little bit more than I'd like to spend at this point, especially since I'd need to have the length altered. I'm especially interested in lighter gray. I have at least one pair of the standards (black/navy/charcoal) that fit well.

14. deja

deja New Member

lol my main concern is the review on zappa said that "the leather scuffed easily and thin, top shiny layer comes off with the slightest brush up against something rough", another one said "pealed after 2-3 casual wears"... so I just want to know if this is normal? its nappa leather if that makes any difference... to be honest i don't know anything about leather and dress shoes... that's why the 2 different answers by you guys just confused me even more! haha [​IMG]

15. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

I eat cup of soups and bike everywhere