1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. King-Panther

King-Panther Member

Hi, I'm after a red velvet and black paisley, peak lapel blazers.

2. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Very similar to a B-3 bomber jacket.

3. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

A little looking around suggests that it may be an ANJ-4, which was a 1943 replacement for the B-3. Among other changes, The ANJ-4 lacks the exposed shearling around the cuffs, replacing it with a hidden wool cuff, which is somewhat visible in that photo.

Here's a nice replica.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

+1 no Jodphur with a suit so choose the balmoral boots for suit wear. Choose an open lacing boot for wearing with odd jackets and trousers.

5. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

That definitely looks like it given the reinforcement at the sleeve opening. It would be easier to tell if we could see the pocket or hem. I always thought bomber jackets were a little dorky (I had one as a kid), but seeing it in that photo makes me want one!

6. jamuk

jamuk New Member

Anyone know where to but this shirt or one similar?
    [​IMG]

7. JBMarce21

JBMarce21 Senior member

I would say either Gucci, Belstaff, or I have seen something similar in the window at Zegna (likely Z Zegna)

8. JBMarce21

JBMarce21 Senior member

Splendid! Thanks fellas. As far as the balmoral boots go, I'm looking for a 7UK something or other, that I might be able to get online somewhere. Waiting on Meermin to make one up for an MTO, but in the meantime I'm looking for something in shell cordovan for sub $700. is this possible? If so, where to look? eBay obviously but beyond that... looking for a carmina/c&j benchgrade quality type thing. perhaps one step down.

9. JBMarce21

JBMarce21 Senior member

hopefully nowhere that thing is fugly.

10. adamt

adamt Senior member

m thinking of buying this Superdry military jacket for the winter - casual daytime and evening wear when out the flat
    but im not sure if it would be suitable for a 27 year old man? is the color suitable?

what would you wear with this jacket? anything to avoid wearing with it?

thanks

[​IMG]

11. Marc Voorhees

Marc Voorhees Senior member

Thanks so much! i just wanted a second opinion! :)

12. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

No.

13. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

Which brands make suits/blazers that firs small to size?
    It seems like SW&D brands are the only one that makes suits in my size,
    and I don't want to spend a lot of cash on suits that are not particularly good to that price.

14. eldudo

eldudo Member

I just bought my first pair of dress boots. Can anyone tell me how I should be caring for them (polish vs conditioner etc) so that they stay sharp?

15. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Same as you would any other pair of nice leather shoes. Polish every 5 wears or so, condition every couple of polishes. Wax or cream doesn't matter that much, just none of those instant shines.

16. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Going to a wedding in a few weeks so I bought this tie/pocket square combo. Can't decide if it matches. Opinions?

[​IMG]

17. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  18. dena

dena Member

I'm looking for a sport coat blazer made of a heavier fabric (wool/tweed etc.) maybe something patterned like this but in a neutral/dark color, know it's a long shot but any suggestions?

[​IMG]

19. strangedream

strangedream Well-Known Member

Somewhere over the rainbow where you can get drunk
    Can somebody elaborate on bias pipes with some images to compare bias and not-bias (?) pipes.

While reading over this thread, there was some discussion about bias pipes came up. Despos explained them in the following, but I am still confused.
    Quote: These are images from the original thread:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

A tweed jacket in a brown check?

Look wherever tweed jackets are sold in your area, a decent men's store should have a few different options. You're in New York, home of a huge fashion industry- pick out a menswear shop with a tweed jacket in the window. It's fall, they should all be showing off their cool weather stuff. Alternately, get one made to measure here. The member "tweedy" here also has a pretty huge selection of vintage tweed jackets, you could try private messaging him.