Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

You mean the welt of the breast pocket actually has a seam up the middle where the dart intersects it? That is not normal. Even if the dart extended past the bottom of the pocket it is closed in the front part before the welt is then added and the pocket cut through, there is no good reason to actually have a split in the welt. Can you post a photo of this pocket?

2. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

douche

contact the seller and work it out
    if there are no returns allowed, then suck it up

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  3. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I was able to move the lining of the pocket free from the dart so I snipped the top stitch and removed it. Maybe it was just basting? I was hesitant to snip it at first because it wasn't the regular white basting thread. Oh well, fixed now!

4. MrJuice

MrJuice New Member

Hi guys I have question

I just signed up here and already have a few items that I am arranging to buy.. My question is how do i know the person i am buying from is not a scammer ??

5. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Look at their past history, ask relevant questions about the items you want to buy and see how fast they get back to you. A lot it is trust on both sides as well. In order to post an item for sale here, a person has to be a member for 45 days so that should weed out a lot of scammers. Also, if any of the members scam then news of it should get out pretty quickly.

6. GamaH

GamaH Well-Known Member

Hey y'all, should a long-sleeve sweater/cardigan's sleeves should fit over (completely cover) a shirt's sleeves*? E.g.; Long sleeve V-neck over OCBD.

*assuming neither are folded/rolled up/pushed up.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  7. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

No, you want to show about as much cuff as you would with a jacket -- 1/4", 1/2", whatever.

8. GamaH

GamaH Well-Known Member

What about when worn with a blazer/sports coat over?

9. 05blaze

05blaze New Member

Just bought a pair of NWOT Bostonian shoes yesterday from my local GW and wanted to get some info on them. They are made in the USA vintage wingtips as far as I can tell but any other info would be great.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

I like to pull my sweater sleeves up a little so that they hit about the halfway point between the shirt and jacket cuff. Adds a nice little layer of detail.

Since this board has made me thoroughly sick of looking at dudes, I'm using a photo of Esther Quek to demonstrate:

[​IMG]

11. Layered Player

Layered Player Senior member

I've heard that if you're wearing a pocket square you shouldn't have your glasses in that pocket and vice versa...what's the rule if any?

Thanks...I've been doing both lately for convenience.

12. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

Nonsense. Do whatever you like.

13. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Probably made by Bostonian themselves, back when they were a quality brand. A lot of shoe companies moved downmarket as the market for high end menswear dried up, with the world moving more casual and more pressure on cost from cheap goods in china. Bostonian was never as good as many others, but they made a much better shoe than they do now. Those are a nice pair of New Old Stock shoes, probably from the 60's or 70's. The 80's were when the move downmarket really began in earnest, though I don't know Bostonian's history as a company specifically.

14. amathew

amathew Senior member

I need suggestions for a watch.

I work as a statistician/programmer at a tech company, and I generally dress business casual, though I'm technically free to wear jeans to work every day if I want (and most guys do - think silicon valley start-up). I've never really owned a watch and being a technologically savvy person, I prefer a smart phone. However, I am thinking that a watch might be good to have. Something basic and small, which is more for show/fashion than for 'telling' time. I'm thinking of something with swiss quartz and a leather band.

Any ideas?

15. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

[​IMG]

having no idea your budget... seems like this might be an ok quartz for you given your techie feel.. about $300 (although most on here will hate this I presume :lol:)

or maybe this is more dressy.... about the same price

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012