• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's sewn all the way through the pocket to where the pocket is split like this |_|_|
You mean the welt of the breast pocket actually has a seam up the middle where the dart intersects it? That is not normal. Even if the dart extended past the bottom of the pocket it is closed in the front part before the welt is then added and the pocket cut through, there is no good reason to actually have a split in the welt. Can you post a photo of this pocket?

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What are my rights here really?
I ordered a watch, but found out that I didn't want it after all. I checked my order, where it said "Payment Received" and sent them an email ASAP asking them to cancel my order...
18-19 hours later I get a Paypal notification that the watch have been shipped...
Shall I just refuse to collect the item once it arrive at my postal office and open a paypal dispute to get back the money?

douche

contact the seller and work it out
if there are no returns allowed, then suck it up

Last edited:

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You mean the welt of the breast pocket actually has a seam up the middle where the dart intersects it? That is not normal. Even if the dart extended past the bottom of the pocket it is closed in the front part before the welt is then added and the pocket cut through, there is no good reason to actually have a split in the welt. Can you post a photo of this pocket?

I was able to move the lining of the pocket free from the dart so I snipped the top stitch and removed it. Maybe it was just basting? I was hesitant to snip it at first because it wasn't the regular white basting thread. Oh well, fixed now!

MrJuice

Reaction score
Hi guys I have question

I just signed up here and already have a few items that I am arranging to buy.. My question is how do i know the person i am buying from is not a scammer ??

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I have question

I just signed up here and already have a few items that I am arranging to buy.. My question is how do i know the person i am buying from is not a scammer ??

Look at their past history, ask relevant questions about the items you want to buy and see how fast they get back to you. A lot it is trust on both sides as well. In order to post an item for sale here, a person has to be a member for 45 days so that should weed out a lot of scammers. Also, if any of the members scam then news of it should get out pretty quickly.

GamaH

Reaction score
Hey y'all, should a long-sleeve sweater/cardigan's sleeves should fit over (completely cover) a shirt's sleeves*? E.g.; Long sleeve V-neck over OCBD.

*assuming neither are folded/rolled up/pushed up.

Last edited:

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey y'all, should a long-sleeve sweater/cardigan's sleeves should fit over (completely cover) a shirt's sleeves*? E.g.; Long sleeve V-neck over OCBD.
*assuming neither are folded/rolled up/pushed up.

No, you want to show about as much cuff as you would with a jacket -- 1/4", 1/2", whatever.

05blaze

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of NWOT Bostonian shoes yesterday from my local GW and wanted to get some info on them. They are made in the USA vintage wingtips as far as I can tell but any other info would be great.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What about when worn with a blazer/sports coat over?

I like to pull my sweater sleeves up a little so that they hit about the halfway point between the shirt and jacket cuff. Adds a nice little layer of detail.

Since this board has made me thoroughly sick of looking at dudes, I'm using a photo of Esther Quek to demonstrate:

Layered Player

Reaction score
I've heard that if you're wearing a pocket square you shouldn't have your glasses in that pocket and vice versa...what's the rule if any?

Thanks...I've been doing both lately for convenience.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just bought a pair of NWOT Bostonian shoes yesterday from my local GW and wanted to get some info on them.  They are made in the USA vintage wingtips as far as I can tell but any other info would be great.

Probably made by Bostonian themselves, back when they were a quality brand. A lot of shoe companies moved downmarket as the market for high end menswear dried up, with the world moving more casual and more pressure on cost from cheap goods in china. Bostonian was never as good as many others, but they made a much better shoe than they do now. Those are a nice pair of New Old Stock shoes, probably from the 60's or 70's. The 80's were when the move downmarket really began in earnest, though I don't know Bostonian's history as a company specifically.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need suggestions for a watch.

I work as a statistician/programmer at a tech company, and I generally dress business casual, though I'm technically free to wear jeans to work every day if I want (and most guys do - think silicon valley start-up). I've never really owned a watch and being a technologically savvy person, I prefer a smart phone. However, I am thinking that a watch might be good to have. Something basic and small, which is more for show/fashion than for 'telling' time. I'm thinking of something with swiss quartz and a leather band.

Any ideas?

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I need suggestions for a watch.

I work as a statistician/programmer at a tech company, and I generally dress business casual, though I'm technically free to wear jeans to work every day if I want (and most guys do - think silicon valley start-up). I've never really owned a watch and being a technologically savvy person, I prefer a smart phone. However, I am thinking that a watch might be good to have. Something basic and small, which is more for show/fashion than for 'telling' time. I'm thinking of something with swiss quartz and a leather band. 

Any ideas?

having no idea your budget... seems like this might be an ok quartz for you given your techie feel.. about $300 (although most on here will hate this I presume :lol:)

or maybe this is more dressy.... about the same price

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads