1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Liam O

Liam O Distinguished Member

Buy larger than average clothes ;)

Most OTR stuff is made for average height men with a spare tire. I'm very skinny and not a ton shorter than you, but I've got a muscular chest and shoulders. I feel your pain, but short of MTM/Bespoke you're kinda screwed. I spend more on my tailoring than my clothes.

Three button or a three roll two might de-emphasize your height, esp. a glen check or hunters plaid tweed but its impossible to tell without you posting a sample pic of yourself.

You need longer shirts, and you can get sock garters, though just getting longer shirts should help. Also, you need to taper them more.

Hope that was somewhat useful.

2. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior Member

What are my rights here really?
    I ordered a watch, but found out that I didn't want it after all. I checked my order, where it said "Payment Received" and sent them an email ASAP asking them to cancel my order...
    18-19 hours later I get a Paypal notification that the watch have been shipped...

Shall I just refuse to collect the item once it arrive at my postal office and open a paypal dispute to get back the money?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012

3. Liam O

Liam O Distinguished Member

dispute what? did they say no returns on the item? because "changing your mind" isn't valid grounds for a dispute.

4. Gibonius

Gibonius Stylish Dinosaur

Contact the seller, ask for a refund, then pay return shipping to send back the item since you were a flake. Then don't be a flake in the future.

5. HecticHeretic

HecticHeretic New Member

Hey everyone, new to the forum. I'm in the market for a decent quality sports jacket in range of $100-200. Can anyone point me in the right direction on this?(Live in FL) Also, what fabric would look best considering the price range. Love the forum btw.

6. one2rock

one2rock Member

I am unable to find a 43-48" long single-breasted raincoat with visible buttons, preferably four buttons [​IMG]

I seriously need some suggestions! I know some Allegri raincoats have visible buttons, but I have only seen shorter coats.

Thanks.

7. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Distinguished Member

in terms of quality, durability, softness etc, what is the different between Irish and Italian linen? Thanks..

8. KObalto

KObalto Distinguished Member

The Irish linen I have is heavier and less wrinkly than Belgian Delave. Not sure about Italian. The quality is very high. I assume you are asking about suiting fabric?

9. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Distinguished Member

...for an OTR SC (from BB). I would definitely prefer less wrinkly and something heavier. I should see them both just to get a good feel. Thank you..

10. KObalto

You're going to go with the Irish then. Manton, among others, has a suit of it he really likes. I much prefer mine to my lighter Belgian linen suit.

11. KObalto

Mine is from BB as well, BTW.

12. ethanm

ethanm Stylish Dinosaur

Is it normal for the dart on the front of a jacket to be sewn through the breast pocket?

13. Poindexter

Poindexter Senior Member

Not sure what you mean; on all my jackets, the dart comes up (about) the middle of the pocket, and stops about 50mm shy of the opening.

14. ethanm

ethanm Stylish Dinosaur

It's sewn all the way through the pocket to where the pocket is split like this |_|_|

15. althanis

althanis Distinguished Member

Any ideas on the best quality dress pants I can get for $100 or below?