• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Reaction score
Hi, new here, not sure this is the right place for this, but wondering if anyone in Melbourne has recently used Katrina's for alterations? Need my Saba jacket taken in a couple of inches before my wedding in mid March, Adriano Carbone was fully booked and I'm guessing I now need someone with a decent turn around time.

Anyone in Melbourne have any good suggestions?

Cheers,
Matt.

tom10167

Reaction score
I'm an idiot, someone just told me khaki pants and a white dress shirt don't go together. WTF? Is this person a bigger idiot than I am? I really like the look of it especially with black shoes/belt. Plain, yeah, but plain is underrated.

Searched Styleforum via google. also, i like to read more tan i like to poast, any good sites for learning about identifying quality clothing and color matching?

Last edited:

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, new here, not sure this is the right place for this, but wondering if anyone in Melbourne has recently used Katrina's for alterations? Need my Saba jacket taken in a couple of inches before my wedding in mid March, Adriano Carbone was fully booked and I'm guessing I now need someone with a decent turn around time.

Anyone in Melbourne have any good suggestions?

Cheers,
Matt.

Hey Matt,
Try posting in this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/88856/australian-members/10185

You should get a good response there.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm an idiot, someone just told me khaki pants and a white dress shirt don't go together. WTF? Is this person a bigger idiot than I am? I really like the look of it especially with black shoes/belt. Plain, yeah, but plain is underrated.
Searched Styleforum via google. also, i like to read more tan i like to poast, any good sites for learning about identifying quality clothing and color matching?

It's a classic look. Check out http://mostexerent.tumblr.com/post/16813210681/sans-jacket-oakley-froggies-bespoke-ocbd

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

But notice how it is an oxford cloth button down shirt, which is technically not a dress shirt.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't like the very light khaki (stone, some call it) with a white shirt, but any khaki with some color to it is fine with a white shirt. You lose me when you put a black belt and black shoes with it. This looks like some kind of blue collar uniform to me. Use brown, is not only for farmers.

As for the OCBD not being a dress shirt, that has been discussed to death. In the US it is a dress shirt.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In the US it is not a dress shirt, but it is acceptable to wear one in place of a dress shirt. This isn't the same as wearing a dress shirt in place of an OCBD, imo.

tom10167

Reaction score
yeah maybe not technically a dress shirt but if I asked anyone who's worn a tie in the last decade they'd say it was.

Any good places to read more stuff? I appreciate the answers. :D

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr. BOOTH, considering you are a big fan of black shoes, would you condone black shoes with khaki pants?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads