1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. tobiasj

tobiasj Distinguished Member

Whaaaaat? Try searching.

2. brian

brian New Member

Can anyone confirm if moscot lemtosh's/tart arnel's went up in price? Cause I remember wanting a pair sometime ago, but waiting on them because I didn't have the monies. Now they're even more monies. Don't know if it's just in my mind cause it's still a lot of monies (to me).

*edit- and this is all talkin about sunglasses.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012

3. TuckerSon

TuckerSon Active Member

I'm not sure what you mean by low key cufflinks? I work for a multinational which is specialized in technology solutions. However at my department there are many engineers who dress quite casual as in jeans, sweaters, casual shirts etc. I am kind of 'overdressed' with my dress shirts for a colleague who has his internship. Only managers wear suits. What is an SC?

4. Rodanme

Rodanme Member

Hey,

What is the best way to wear an oxford shirt where the collar color doesn't match the shirt color? The collar is white and the shirt is blue, I was planning to use it for a semi-nice dinner tonight. Thoughts?

5. taxgenius

taxgenius Distinguished Member

Looking for recomendations in matching a tie to a grey suit that has salmon colored pinstripes. Was thinking of a salmon colored tie but found very few choices. Any other ideas (with pics even better :embar:)?

6. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

To me it's kind of a business look and out of place in a social setting like a dinner. Also it looks terrible without a tie in my opinion, so wear one of those if you wear the shirt.

7. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

Pretty much anything...start with navy or forest green

8. Spurious

Spurious Senior Member

9. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Distinguished Member

^^ Is that a natural pose? You look uncomfortable, that is why i ask. If you were indeed in a natural, comfortable pose when you had those taken, the shoulders look a tad to big. Not sure if it's a deal breaker for you...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012

10. Spurious

Spurious Senior Member

I do look a bit stiff, gotta agree.
    I am not uncomfortable in the clothes by any means.

11. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

I think it is O.K. The only thing stylistically that I would suggest is a different color pant. You're wearing a sport coat so you don't want to make it look like you are trying to make it a suit. I would go with mid grey trousers. Also, a light blue shirt, different color pocket square and shove it down further. A white shirt like that is a dress shirt and should be worm with a suit, light blue oxford cloth shirt would be more appropriate.

12. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Distinguished Member

he said wear a French cuffed shirt with a suit or SC, not jacketless. (SC = sportcoat) :teach:

13. MartSlot

MartSlot New Member

Is it a problem if a tie (tied at the correct length) peaks out underneath a waistcoat at the bottom? Or should I shorten it just a bit?

14. dasai

dasai Senior Member

You could shorten it, or just tuck the remainder into the trousers (the waistband doesn't show below the bottom of the waistcoat, right?).

15. TuckerSon

TuckerSon Active Member

How should a stainless steel watch match with my trouser belt or shoes?