Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. emc894

emc894 Senior member

2. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

it's difficult to tell the leather quality, feel and thickness from the pix but the Glaser looks nice... considering it's less than half the Mulberry. We've posted a bunch of these recently in http://new.styleforum.net/t/115841/the-definitive-manbag-thread-post-feedback-brands-here/2055 there are other pages with weekenders as well. Have you checked out Lotuff?

3. stevent

stevent Senior member

There was a bit of hate for Mulberry quality when I was researching bags a while ago. It's Mr. Porter, why not order it and return if you don't like it?

4. Beastmode101

Beastmode101 Member

In regards to collared shirts/button ups

Hi, I have a question about collared shirts.

I usually wear button down collared shirts (collars that button down), but recently I've been trying to mix things up and add more to my wardrobe

Are there any types of collared shirts (collar type) that can be WORN OPEN in all in a business casual and casual setting during both the day and night that aren't button downs?

I'd like to get a collared shirt that I can wear during the morning to night that I can wear to the class, the office, dinner, and going out that doesn't have a button down collar. I know I should stay away from spread collars then cause they don't look right when worn open and without a tie (read it here http://onemansstyle.wordpress.com/2009/07/07/corporate-style-part-3-shirts/#comment-259).

Do you have suggestions? links to the shirt, brands, and ect.

5. cbbuff

cbbuff Senior member

You are looking for a standard point collar. Pretty much any shirt that isn't a button down or a spread.

6. TuckerSon

TuckerSon Active Member

I made a mistake while buying a white dress shirt. After buying it, it turned out the dress shirt has French cufflinks. As I am currently still a student who is doing his internship it's not approriate for me to wear that shirt to the office. Any recommendations where or how I could wear the dress shirt in a casual way?

7. cbbuff

cbbuff Senior member

I know some here will disagree, but if you just wear it with low key cufflinks you are just fine. Unless your work is super formal/regimented. Where do you work?

It would be hard to make a white french cuff shirt come off as casual, but you can wear it as you would any other white dress shirt. I would always wear a Suit or SC though, not jacket-less.

8. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

9. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

I think most SFers would still wear a spread collar. That blog you posted mentioned staying away from "cutaway" collars without a tie.

10. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Here are two Isaia jackets of mine with 3-roll-2.5 stances. The lapels seem to bend outward when the second button is done. Is this something that should/can be corrected by a tailor?

[​IMG]

11. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Hard to see, the pics are pretty small and half of them are blurry... :plain:

12. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Sorry for that. I can try to get better pictures later. But can you see how the jacket bows outward on the side view pics? (Just above the top button) I'm not sure that's supposed to happen

13. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

No, it means you are wearing a size too small.

14. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

I'd tend to disagree with that. If anything, it is too big in the upper chest area. There seems to be excess fabric that needs to be shaped. Not too little.

I'd be swimming in a 40R Isaia.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012

15. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

It looks like the bottom part of the jacket is pushing up, maybe due to the waist, causing that bend. Maybe some part of the waist will have to be let out...