Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

When do you ever?? I thought blind mad kopping was your thing [​IMG]

2. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

There are, unfortunately, no defined cuts by either maker. Well, maybe there is a bit. There are different lines of Incotex. Most Mabitex doesn't have a line name though I have some that are labeled different lines. Also, we don't know 100% that they're out of business, but it sounds like it's true.

Your best bet is to get someone to make a copy for you. I've owned dozens and handled literally hundreds of pairs by mabitex and incotex, and I haven't found exact corresponding fits in inco and mabi. But, I think it's nice to have some variety in fits.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  3. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

"Salvageable"? Are you high?

4. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Senior member

In which Ivy League school will I find a better chance of finding gentlemen still dressing in a "prep" look?

Also, is basing my decision to go to an ivy league grad school on sartorial criteria foolish? Note, I probably won't be accepted, but if I play my disadvantaged, mixed race card well and get some good gre scores, who knows--but I will only go if I can be preppy.

5. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Princeton.

6. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

:bounce2:

7. cbbuff

cbbuff Senior member

Um, yes.

There may be a worse reason to choose a school, but I can't really think of one right now. You can wear whatever you wish regardless of your school. I might focus of the quality of the education/program a little bit.

8. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Senior member

Eh, it's not in the sciences, so don't really care. I am one of those people who go to school for the opportunity to be a dandy, both intellectually and sartorially.

So, really, Princeton?

I need more fall backs though....

9. Jeff Costello

Jeff Costello Well-Known Member

Does anybody have a guess as to what the width of Alain Delon's tie is in Le Samourai? I'm considering getting one like it eventually, it looks sharp. Keep in mind that this is a 1960s film, in an era of narrow ties, so this can't be that wide, but it looks like the wide end of what was common back then, which would probably work well today without looking too distinctly period.

[​IMG]

10. JstGettngStartd

JstGettngStartd Member

Here are a couple of my choices:

http://g-lvl3.nordstromimage.com/imagegallery/store/product/Gigantic/9/_6180889.jpg

http://g-lvl3.nordstromimage.com/imagegallery/store/product/Gigantic/12/_6784472.jpg

http://g-lvl3.nordstromimage.com/imagegallery/store/product/Gigantic/2/_6773522.jpg

http://g-lvl3.nordstromimage.com/imagegallery/store/product/Gigantic/5/_6511965.jpg

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/product...27cat21130735cat40450753&parentId=cat40450753

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  11. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

There's a bad reason to apply to the top grad schools in the country if there's a shot of you getting in?

Dude. Ivy league. All Ivy league schools are populated by A) the offspring of the tremendously wealthy and/or B) the smartest broke kids in the country. You literally cannot go wrong. The rich ones all rub it in your face, and the poor ones all try to pass themselves off as just as rich as Cornelius Johnson (yes, those Johnsons) III of New Haven who came over on the Mayflower. You'll OD on tweed, nantucket reds and bow ties your first semester.

now go apply.

12. MrManager

MrManager Member

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  13. cbbuff

cbbuff Senior member

Easy, it's $200.