Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. dah328

dah328 Senior member

They generally cannot open the sleeve seam to move the cuff up because there isn't enough fabric left along the seam to finish the edge of the cuff. Three inches is a lot of length to take off a cuff, so that alteration is probably best done from the shoulder.

2. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

Thanks, I took it to other tailor and they say they can do it. I saw some canali, Armani suits on the rack of her work, it looks well and she can hand sew buttonhole for me. Cross fingers she can do a good job.

3. BB-Stylish

BB-Stylish Member

4. stevent

stevent Senior member

Anybody have any experiences shipping stuff to Russia?

5. hpreston

hpreston Senior member

I have a well worn Caruso blazer (or navy sport coat, sine it has dark horn buttons, not metal)

It is made from Loro Piana fabric that is slightly textured, not smooth like a worsted wool.

There are several spot on it that have developed a shine, due to age, it is the most shiny on the elbows.

I was thinking to extend the life of the sport coat I would put some pale gray suede patches on the elbows, and just ignore the rest of the shininess.

My question, suede or leather patches on the elbows of a solid navy sport coat? Yay or nay?

6. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

7. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

It's time to buy a new coat. Things wear out. Let it go and move on!

8. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

Received a suit from mail, the store I bought from did the alteration. But I think the 2 sleeves are not same length. Any ideas?

Sorry for the blur pic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. deionmccoy

deionmccoy Member

Black Clark's desert boots, Aye or Nay?

[​IMG]

I was planning on wearing them with darker colored jeans and a collared shirt. Also if I wear a 9, what size should I get? I moved to Georgia, and I'm not sure what common stores would have a pair I could try. Any advice on what I should wear these with? Thanks!

10. dasai

dasai Senior member

The most important thing is not their length compared to each other, but their length compared to your arms. Do they both come down to the wrist bones on each arm (and no further)? If so, there is no problem.

11. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Buy a nine and wear them with thicker socks. Super comfortable.

As for black, I'm a bit iffy about that, they don't look quite right (to me). I'd recommend the dark Beeswax brown color. added bonus is when those start looking scuffed you just re-wax them.

If you think black suits you better, though, go for it.

12. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

no? Right sleeve is OK, and left sleeve is over the wrist. That is what bother me.

13. collegeguy88

collegeguy88 Well-Known Member

14. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

I'm a fan, but unless you're wearing them with black jeans, I'd go with brown instead. The darker browns (like the beeswax version) will look nice with even very deep indigo / steel washes.

You'll want to size down a full size for these; they famously run big. I wear a 9 1/2 shoe and an 8 /12 Clarks DB. Particularly since you live in a hot climate where you might want to wear them with loafer socks. Nordstrom carries them, and they also have free shipping / free returns if you don't live near the store.

Besides jeans, you can wear them with pretty much any casual trousers or shorts.

15. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

Depends. Are you interviewing to be a forest ranger in the national park service? Motorcycle repairman? Tattoo artist?

The description uses words like "classy" and "sophistication". Don't believe it. It's a neat, rugged-looking bag but it is the opposite of those things. I do like how they say it's "a must for every professional" while also stating that it makes a good diaper bag.