• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Most everyone on SF buys items knowing that they will have to have something on the item altered in order to have it fit right. Shoulders are the one thing to not mess with, but it sounds like they fit already, I say go for it.

Agreed. Getting the waist taken in is expected/normal.

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had slipped in a pile of cake and vomit, so I figured a professional cleaning was in order.

I love how you casually throw this in like it's no big deal. You need to go to the SF party in San Fran and liven things up!

EdNewgate

Reaction score
Good morning Gents!
I just landed a student intern job for the state. Usually how this works is that: I work for the state as a student until I graduate and then I would have a good opportunity to get hired on full time as an IT analyst. Nobody wears suits at my unit because of I work for a law enforcement and all my superiors wear their uniform. I have been dressing in mostly OCBDs, a gingham shirt, and solid polos with mostly chinos and jeans only on fridays. I wanted to incorporate more wool dress pants/odd or trousers. Could anyone point me into the direction of some for $100 or under please? Thanks guys.

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good morning Gents!
   I just landed a student intern job for the state.  Usually how this works is that: I work for the state as a student until I graduate and then I would have a good opportunity to get hired on full time as an IT analyst.  Nobody wears suits at my unit because of I work for a law enforcement and all my superiors wear their uniform.  I have been dressing in mostly OCBDs, a gingham shirt, and solid polos with mostly chinos and jeans only on fridays.  I wanted to incorporate more wool dress pants/odd or trousers.  Could anyone point me into the direction of some for $100 or under please?  Thanks guys. 

$175 wool pants for $30 or $35. Lot of colors and styles, but many flat fronts. I have not bought any and don't know the brand, but they are well reviewed and for $30 you can't really go wrong. Also watch the Buy & Sell forum here, there are great deals to be had.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/ke...ts~d~143/brandor~2056/mens-dress-pants~d~320/

facet

Reaction score

Is anyone familiar with "The House of Ties"? A grenadine tie for only $36 sounds too good to be true..

I'm kind of curious as well. It looks like the price only applies to one of their ties that's listed as burgundy (although it looks brown to me). All the others are for $73, which seems about right.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you have to ask......................

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Related question: does EVERYONE here now have to buy a grenadine tie?

I like grenadines because they are different. They are more formal then a knit, yet have a more playful look and feel than a traditional hand-rolled silk number. I also like playing with textures and the grenadine is a great/easy way to make things more interesting.

Mister F

Reaction score
Not at all a style related question, but a question nonetheless.

I joined this website this past weekend. I am unable to create threads or quote posts. It says they are under review. Anyone have any idea how long it will be before I can use the website to it's fullest?

Thank you!

powenb

Reaction score
**Question**

When you do up your Oxford shoes, should the top section where the eyelets are always meet? Or is it ok if they don't?

Many thanks

Owen

SlimJohny

Reaction score
What do you think of this sport coat? Will it match jeans and navy chinos? It is on ebay for 15 English Pounds. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads