• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Reaction score
The colour is nice. I personally don't like the design of the shoe though.

Thanks! I generally like that style of shoe. It fits me well. So the two-tone brown is not a no-no then?

Also, can anyone speak for Forzieri quality?

Reaction score
Thanks!

I actually like the shape myself. So the two-tone color is not an issue right? And the color is not too light for a dark navy suit?

facet

Reaction score

Thanks!

I actually like the shape myself. So the two-tone color is not an issue right? And the color is not too light for a dark navy suit?

Well, I was referring to there being only one tone or the other; either tone are nice on their own and would certainly be nice with a navy suit. Shape-wise? I like mine a a little more rounded as those would be too pointy for my tastes. For reference, AE's Augusta is the sleekest pair of shoes that I have and wouldn't want to go any narrower than that.

AE's Augusta

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shape is not fine. It's too long and pointy for a suit. Unless the suit is pretty wild you are going to look like business on top and party on the bottom. The assymetrical thing is also not appropriate for a suit.

I can see why you like these shoes - they look to be pretty good quality and they are striking. But even I, who has a long love with wild Italian shoes, think these go to far.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for all the answers.

As was suggested by another member. I am looking into some C&J's. I checked out their website and they either have the shoes in a dark brown or a chestnut color, or in a tan. They don't seem to have a happy medium brown.

Is there any brands you can recommend around the same price point?

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone thought of adding some kind of heavy lining or tape to the inside hem of their pants in order to make them drape better and reduce the billowing while walking? Pretty much the same effect of having cuffs but without having cuffs. Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't think of any detriment to doing this.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd considered sewing fishing weights in the cuff at one point. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one driven mental by flapping pants.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks old. Other then that likely real. I guess in theory somebody could have put the label into the suit. If you're really worried ask for the inside pocket label.

Other then that make sure it'll fit you. It was made for somebody else and that can be good or VERY bad . All depends on how close you are to the guy who ordered it.

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks old. Other then that likely real. I guess in theory somebody could have put the label into the suit. If you're really worried ask for the inside pocket label.
Other then that make sure it'll fit you. It was made for somebody else and that can be good or VERY bad . All depends on how close you are to the guy who ordered it.

This. It looks legit, but it's a non-staple color in a very non-standard size and I believe the traveller wool is not as desirable (unless you are travelling :D). So all those factors are shrinking the potential market for the suit. If it fits, more power to you.

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Since there is no offical tie thread...
Six fold or seven fold? Why and where do you buy them?

Don't worry about the number of folds so much. Get a lined 6 fold from Sam Hober. Full bespoke - Best deal on ties going.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads