• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey CD I thought you were gonna get one made... what's w/ the PS idea? I'm sure you could've found one over the holidays on sale for about half that.

I actually haven't purchased anything yet. I'm still looking into the bespoke option, but the PS suit in question would save me about $1,000. It fits pretty much perfectly, which is the only reason that I'm considering it. Unfortunately, however, $1300 is the retail price. Additionally, Nordstrom worldwide only owns three of those suits in my size, and one of them happens to be in the Nordstrom near me. Talk about pressure.

I guess I'll just have to decide if the extra thousand for bespoke is worth it.
bored.gif

SonOfGloin

Reaction score
You have not said what you want it for, but it looks like a decent casual jacket for the price. It's a bit hard to tell, but it looks like the lapel would roll to the 2nd button if they didn't have the damned thing all buttoned up. I don't know why they would do that.
The pick stitching looks a bit overboard for me.

Thanks. Yoox button all the jackets like that. Makes them look awful.

wzjradam

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea of how much I should sell my British Line Paul Smith boots for? They have a vibram rubber sole and a vibram heel in very good condition. Size 9.5.

GamaH

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Murray's nantucket reds are actually comfortable?

GamaH

Reaction score

Any brands in particular?

Sebago. Sperrys are now made in China. Sebagos are made in Dominican Rep, which is still better than China, imo. That said, I own Sebagos and they're pretty comfortable.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought a suit off eBay from a consignment shop (INA NYC) and I specifically asked if there were any stains on it and was told no. Photos showed a slight one by the lapel but not a major issue. Got the suit today and there are a couple more in the front area. (not apparent in photos). What's the best way to deal with this as I like the suit and it fits well, but am a bit pissed as I asked beforehand for them to check.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Email the seller and express your discontent. The phrase "I don't want to leave negative feedback, but..." is usually pretty effective. You can usually get them to refund you some money.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed that there are almost never any shoes on the B&S here in 7D. Is that because no one wears shoes that small or is it because 7D shoes are never on sale so SFers can't buy them and resell?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Email the seller and express your discontent. The phrase "I don't want to leave negative feedback, but..." is usually pretty effective. You can usually get them to refund you some money.

Yeah that's what I was planning on doing, just never bought suits before so was checking

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm looking for a new pair of casual shoes that conservative/not too bold. I'd be wearing these day to day to school (I'm an undergraduate student). My desert boots are my current daily shoe. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Alden Indy boots

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually haven't purchased anything yet.  I'm still looking into the bespoke option, but the PS suit in question would save me about $1,000.  It fits pretty much perfectly, which is the only reason that I'm considering it.  Unfortunately, however, $1300 is the retail price.  Additionally, Nordstrom worldwide only owns three of those suits in my size, and one of them happens to be in the Nordstrom near me.  Talk about pressure.

I guess I'll just have to decide if the extra thousand for bespoke is worth it.  :bored:

CD ...PM'd you... GILT has a handful of PS suits on today in the $600-$700 range!

Gaillimh Abu

Reaction score
Bought a pair of Chelsea's last Friday by C&J. They felt fine in store but after wearing them a couple of days lightly I noticed the left foot felt loose compared with the right. It's my left foot that is bigger than my right so it felt odd to me. I just threw in two insoles that measure exactly the same and it seems that the left is indeed bigger. Being Chelsea's this also throws off the fit of the shaft so there is more room here too. This is my first decent pair of boots so I'm a bit disappointed to say the least.
Would I have a case here to have them replaced or repaired or is there a tolerance for sizing with shoe manufacturers? Thanks for reading
f8776bb6.jpg

e62de495.jpg

2d728d01.jpg

dd62db4f.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads