1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Poindexter

Poindexter Senior member

2. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

acedevil.... if you're not wearing a dress shirt (meaning collared) under your sweater then what is left if not a "t-shirt"? Aside from a turtleneck, then I don't know what you may be after. It doesn't have to be a sloppy or overly casual tee... A long sleeve waffle knit, a nice heathered henley in a complimentary color, or just a smooth long sleeve shirt.... but in a way those are all in the t-shirt family IMO. Ideally I would go with some super-luxe, silk-cashmere blend, form-fitting long sleeve knit.

3. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

1) With a sweater and jeans, you really don't have to pay attention to the "rules" as much as you do when a suit is involved. As long as the sweater and jeans are different enough and color (and you'll have to be the judge of that, since you haven't posted pictures), I'd say you could pull it off. A bright shirt or scarf might help break up the monotony, though.

2) as Kid Nickels pointed out, there really aren't very many options. I'd say a collared shirt or a henley would go well with the zip sweater (not a fan of tees with half-zips). If the other sweater is v-neck, you could try a v-neck tee or a henley; if it is a crew-neck, just wear a tee underneath (crew-neck sweaters are pretty casual in nature).

3) It could look great, but then again it could totally bomb. Maybe you could post a picture?

4) Those colors could look good together, but it's really about more than just the names of the colors. Post a picture! One potential problem that I see is the wall of blue created by the jeans a sweater-watch out for that.

4. SuperiorWitt

SuperiorWitt Member

5. SlimJohny

SlimJohny Active Member

Guys, I have a few urgent questions. Yesterday I have bought this dark navy suit: http://www.blazek.eu/katalog/obleky/oblek/57
    1) You think it is ok to wear these shoes with this suit? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Loake-men...&otn=3&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=5624321466296107718 I will wear the suit only few times per year - mostly to college balls.
    2) If the shoes will not work with the suit, you think it would help to exchange the suit for the lighter shade of navy? Again, the suit will be worn only few times per year mostly to college balls, so I do not need it for everyday wear.

Thank you!

6. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

To add to the advice already given I think you may get more answers from the guys on SW&D, where there's a similar thread for these kind of outfits: http://www.styleforum.net/t/164402/...wer-ask-all-quick-questions-here#post_2877154

7. cliche

cliche Senior member

I cant see so mutch from the picture. But they are great boots I wear mine all the time in Canada when it's snowing :)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  8. cliche

cliche Senior member

About the black thing seems not so good for my taste. Its like going to a rock-concert in my ears haha. About the half zip sweater you can allwas wear a [FONT=arial, sans-serif]pique shirt under? Something from ralph lauren or whatever.[/FONT]

9. hpreston

hpreston Senior member

Does LL Bean make decent OCBD shirts? I have a credit at LL Bean leftover from Christmas.

There are regular Bean OCBD and LL Bean signature shirts, but the Signature shirts only come in S, M, L, XlL, no necks sizes.

I am in need of a blue and a white so the gulag bean shirts seem like a good purchase with my credit.

Is there anything else at LL Bean that I should consider?

10. stevebrad

stevebrad New Member

Hey everyone, hoping to get an answer about the brand of this pea coat Chris Daughtry is wearing.

I cannot for the life of me find any information anywhere about it. Hoping this place is the key!
    Please see the link
    http://www.thefablife.com/2011-11-14/daughtry-style-seen/

Thanks!

11. cbbuff

cbbuff Senior member

Mahogany.

12. cbbuff

cbbuff Senior member

A dark navy with those light shoes can do done but will draw a lot of attention - not for a beginner or anyone lacking confidence in the look. I would choose a dark brown shoe or burgundy/oxblood. With these shoes a lighter blue will look sharp, just avoid a dark navy with them.

13. cbbuff

cbbuff Senior member

LL Bean OCBD are fair quality wise, pretty good value wise. I prefer Brook Brothers, which also come in regular, slim and extra slim to help get the right fit.

14. hpreston

hpreston Senior member

Thanks, I am in the market for some BB shirts, but thought I would use the bean credit for a shirt or two, I can't think of anything else from bean that I could use at the moment.

15. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Their "Bean Boots" are pretty darn useful. They have the non-laced ones in dark brown which are better than galoshes for if you work somewhere you need to wear a suit and its raining.