Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. mymil

mymil Senior member

That's a very versatile color! It would coordinate well with neutrals (e.g. khaki, gray), navy, orange, deep reds, loden green, other somewhat unsaturated colors (but don't overdo it; you don't want to look like an Easter egg). I think all of those shoes would do with them, honestly. Here are a couple fits that incorporate somewhat similar colors, though in jackets instead of trousers:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  2. mlg321

mlg321 Well-Known Member

Khaki chinos with beeswax Clark DBs works right, as far as color matching goes? If so, any recommendation on what color top would work with it?

3. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I can't speak for those particular coats, but I would just say if you're budgeting 1K give or take for a leather then there are much better options. :fonz:

4. ratpack66

ratpack66 New Member

tucking in of shirts
    Hello everyone new member here.I'm 10 -15 pounds overweight.little bit of a belly.I like to wear my dress shirts and most button down shirts tucked in.My dad and brother both say I should wear it untucked to hide my belly.I feel untucked is very sloppy looking.Any thoughts

5. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

You're right, they're wrong. Untucked doesn't actually hide your belly, everyone can still see it's there. You'll just look like a slob as well as fat.

6. ohturtle

ohturtle Member

I received as a gift a really nice, double breasted, dinner jacket that really does not fit me. It's 2 sizes too big and the sleeves are too short. Is there any way a tailor could fix this?

7. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

You're right. Your dad and brother are wrong.

8. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

Given enough money, and a good enough tailor, nearly anything can be fixed. But if the jacket's two sizes too large, fixing it would likely take a substantial amount of money, and even then the result may not be entirely satisfactory.

Unless this gift has enormous sentimental value to you, sell the dinner jacket for whatever it might be worth, then take the money and buy yourself something that fits.
    --
    Michael

9. ned kelly

ned kelly Active Member

Can anyone provide the name of an online source for Borrelli boxers?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  10. dafein

dafein Member

Any idea where I might be able to find these cufflinks?

11. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

So not metal, but not silk? Can you describe what the meterial looks like? Is it a fabric similar to the silk ones? Maybe something rougher like a tweedy wool?

12. acedevil

acedevil Member

Hello.
    I have a few questions mainly related to casual wear since I am usually a formal person, I am always a little dressed for most occasions.
    So,
    A dark navy blue v-neck sweater with a crew neck t-shirt, black jeans and black leather Oxfords. What do you think?
    How about the same but the sweater being a half zip?
    What colored crew neck t-shirts would go with it? Black or dark green?
    Will all this suit under a black jacket?

13. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Dark navy sweater with black is a no. Wear something with a color that's distinctly different, unless it actually matches (aka black or charcoal). Medium gray, a lighter navy, mid blue, sky blue, burgundy... Basically anything but dark navy.

I don't like the tee shirt under a v neck thing, but whatever. It's normal enough. Half zip is better, but I would still wear an oxford or some other long sleeve something. Shirt color can be just about anything, as long as it coordinates with the sweater. I wouldn't do white, because that just looks like an undershirt that you haven't figured out how to wear.

And no black jacket with the black jeans, unless it's leather. You don't want it to look like you're trying for a suit. Gray tweed, perhaps. Or a black leather bomber.

14. deionmccoy

deionmccoy Member

15. cbbuff

cbbuff Senior member

Welcome.

1. Tan and black are going to go with totally different clothing. For these I would choose Oakwood.

2. Lands End or find a sale

3. Can't help you there.