Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. stevent

stevent Senior member

Are they shrink to fit or just natural shrinking? If it's shrink to fit, wash them and put them on when wet. If it just says that it will shrink, then get 1-2 sizes smaller than your waist to accommodate for stretch. If the denim is sanforized (I'm pretty sure most LVC are), all shrinkage other than length will re-stretch back out.

2. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

They're certainly not raw. Here they are: http://www.mrporter.com/product/167686 What do you think?

EDIT: Knew I shouldn't have posted this. Sold out. F*k you whomever you are. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012

3. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

what do you want? a basic trench or something? I found a thigh length style black trench a few months back at Nordstrom for about $500. That's quite a deal so you'll have to look around.

4. razl

razl Senior member

I (for one) asked this a while ago and got some interesting replies: http://www.styleforum.net/t/243237/educate-me-me-about-suede-shoes/0_100

5. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Thanks. I'm looking for a wool or wool/cash coat by them (knee or above knee length, db preferred). Full retail is like 1.2-1.5k, and I want them for <1k.

6. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

7. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

8. dasai

dasai Senior member

I'm looking for a tie in a pattern that I know I've seen many times before, but now that I'm actually looking for it, I can't find it anywhere.

It's pink (like, carnation pink, not eyeball-melting hot pink) with stripes that are either dark blue with white borders or white with dark blue borders. I'd wear it during spring and summer with a blazer or a light grey suit.

Anybody know what I'm talking about?

9. VonLehndorff

VonLehndorff Senior member

Ok, the case studies of acute blood poisoning and testicular scelera are BS. Rinse them

10. VonLehndorff

I Think BBrother's, See also POLO [​IMG]

11. cliche

cliche Senior member

I usually wear Crockett & Jones. But I saw some nice John Spencer shoes today and the price was pretty good too.

Is it shit quality shoes or pretty good ones? Someone with more experience about these shoes :)

Thanks!

12. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Anyone bought any of the Riviera dress pants off of STP? Any good? How is the cut?

I need some reasonably slim dress pants (W33), never seem to score Incotex or Mabitex off of the forum so I have been looking around for some other options under $150.... Any suggestions?

13. VonLehndorff

Used to be a Northampton (ENG.) premium brand- name sold to a Spanish-Port.? shoe co. Still very high quailty/goodyear vamp, etc. If not too expensive, get them

14. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

15. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

hmmmm..... I haven't seen much in the way of their wool or wool/cash out and about as much.... also may be b/c of my current, lame Midwestern location. I did read in the WSJ that Burberry has started a complete bespoke trench option on their website where you can create (almost!) anything your heart desires. (Apparently the options are limited in some respects so as to prevent anyone from creating a Burberry Frankenstein monstrosity.) Sorry this is perhaps not as useful as I'm almost certain that nothing there is actually cheaper than normal but it may give you some leads.