Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. asturiano

asturiano Senior member

This is what I thought, but they have also some other models, 'made in the same factory in UK' with a channeled sole. As far as I know Church's doesn't make any longer channeled soles. The only few made were manufactured in Italy.

[​IMG]

2. NORE

NORE Senior member

3. Jorgeezy

Jorgeezy Senior member

Hermes Tie - Looking to purchase
    Hi,

I am looking at purchasing a Hermes Tie, but being 18 I cannot afford new right now.

Since I don't trust eBay, styleforum was recommended, can anyone point me in a good direction?

I am particularly fond of the animal prints :)

Jorge

4. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

Absolutely. I did it on many less expensive pants when I lost some weight.

5. mymil

mymil Senior member

For your dissertation? Or for a "range that [you are] creating for High Street retailer - Next. Under the new sub-brand of 'Next Iconic'?"

6. mymil

mymil Senior member

http://www.styleforum.net/f/6714/mens-clothing-classifieds

Watch. Patience.

You can also watch this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/164750/cool-shoes-paraphernalia-desiderata-part-ii/ Sometimes somebody will post Hermes items from a known reputable eBayer.

7. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

+1... every one of my friends who has started a brand or clothing venture has used a survey such as this.

8. Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock Member

Can anybody tell me something about what's the deal with this Dormeuil Jacket? The folks over at the thrifting thread swept right past me. Some more pinching revealed that the jacket appears to be half canvassed after all.

9. Jorgeezy

Jorgeezy Senior member

10. mrpo0nani

mrpo0nani Senior member

Any suggestions for a place I can stock up on socks? Maybe some place or online site with a sale? Livin in Florida weather for a while and I realize black socks aren't going to cut it if I want to expand my wardrobe.

Quality and color is what i'm aiming for. Any help is appreciated.

11. onix

onix Senior member

Sierra Trading Post sells a lot of Pantherella socks at good price and selection.

12. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

Interesting nick. You from the Caribbean?

13. Slickman

Slickman Senior member

Which Albert Thurston braces?

White Moire with Brass
    White Moire with Nickel
    Ivory Barathea with Nickel

DJ is Midnight Blue

14. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

Traditional answer - A gentleman doesn't remove his dinner jacket in public. Consequently, nobody but you, and perhaps your Significant Other, will see your braces. So they may be thought of, in a sense, as underwear. Consequently, wear whatever you like; worrying about color/metal combinations is about as meaningful as worrying about whether to wear white boxers, ivory briefs, or white boxer-briefs with pictures of cartoon characters on them.

However, let's assume you choose to ignore the traditional answer. Perhaps you see nothing wrong with removing your dinner jacket in public, or maybe you want to know that if you're in an automobile accident and are rushed to the hospital, the doctor seeing your braces will be impressed with how well they match your dinner jacket. (And, of course, you'll want to be wearing nice underwear, too.) Or maybe it's enough that you'll know which braces you'll be wearing, and dagnabbit you want them to optimally match your dinner jacket even if nobody else will know or care.

In that case, I'd vote for the ivory Barathea, with nickel. Simply because ivory and midnight blue is a splendid combination. Just as the midnight blue is a "better" black, so is ivory a "better" white. I mean, if you don't want to think of it in those terms, fine. And I admit that there's nothing wrong with the white braces. But hey, you wanted an opinion, so I've given you an opinion.

Also, I prefer nickel with the midnight blue, since with the possible exception of yellow gold, I prefer matching midnight blue with a white metal, and not a yellow metal. (Same answer if the dinner jacket were black, btw.)

So, which do you prefer, and why?
    --
    Michael

15. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

that's cool... good answer 12345