Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.
2 inches is a huge difference
can you post before and after pictures?
Thanks alot for your help! Now I understand little better
Question: How do i distinguish tie patterns? I understand twill, basketweave, grenadine, and wool. But I don't see much difference between satin and linen? All i see is how satin ties are shinier.
Linen isn't a pattern, or a weave, it's a type of fabric.
Neither is wool. I am beginning to understand his confusion.
"I'm having a hard time distinguishing the colours of the rainbow. I understand reds, blues and oranges, but I'm not sure how apples and lemons fit in."
apples totally fit in.
Any Brooks Brothers sale coming soon? I want to pick up the 3 dress shirts for $219.
I didn't take any before pictures, it was an ebay purchase that was a bit large. I had the shoulders taken in and the sleeves shortened as well. It fits quite well now and I am very satisfied with it. There is 10" from the mouth of the side pockets to the hem, it does not look off-balanced to me. The jacket was a L and I wear a R. This was an early purchase before I understood my measurements better for a fit that I wanted.
Originally Posted by WiseMenOfGotham View Post
Merry Christmas SF! (December 26 - January 4)
- All Cotton Dress Shirts (Cotton, Non-iron, Classic, Choose your Collar, Pinpoint, Polo button-down Supima Oxford), Non-iron Dress Shirts, Sport Shirts (except Country Club)- 3 for $159
- Luxury All Cotton Dress Shirts, Country Club Sport Shirts- 2 for $159
- All Ties- 40% off
- 1818 Suits, Suiting Separates, Blazers, Sport Coats- 30% off
- Dress Trousers- 30% off
- Casual Pants (cords, cotton)- 40% off
- Non-iron Advantage Chinos- 2 for $119
- Knits- 40% off
- Overcoats- 30% off
- Casual Outerwear- 40% off
- Boxers- Buy 3, 25% off; buy 6, 40% off
- Underwear- 25% off
- Nightwear (Pajamas, etc)- 25% off
- Cordovan Shoes- $50 off
- Peal & Co Shoes, Men’s Boots- 25% off
- Socks- 3 pairs, get 25% off; 6 pairs, get 40% off
- Bags, Leather goods, Accessories (including outerwear), Fragrances- 25% off
- Stationery- Buy one, get one free
- All Sweaters (Cashmere, Merino, etc)- 40% off
Boys/Girls- 40% off
- Shirts, Blouses, Suiting, Skirts, Pants, Dresses, Coats, Outerwear, Sweaters, Apparel, Handbags- 40% off
- Non-iron Miracle Shirt, Classic Essentials,- Up to 40% off
- Accessories, Cold Weather, Fragrances- 25% off
You might want to check this thread:
CD check the cologne thread for some suggestions.... it can be arduous b/c every scent will smell relatively different per the individual's unique body chemistry...plus you can really only "test drive" so many scents at once before you run out of real estate and your nose becomes fatigued. You may have to try a couple then let them settle in to see how it smells and hour or two after application. And consider you target audience. My father continually complains he doesn't like one of my favorite scents (Shadha from Abu Dhabi) and I always respond "good, because I'm not trying to pick up middle-aged white men!" I've not met a single woman who doesn't adore the fragrance... exactly!
Just got my new Edward green Grant in dark oak.
They look awesome however I am still considering returning for my other choice the Walcots.
Comes down to lace vs strap...
Going to be worn with suits so I know that sometimes scares people away from the straps but I just think the add a little elegance and style...
Which ones should I go with?????
i forgot the thread where these were posted, can someone tell me more info about them? if i recall correctly these were designer, so i am looking for an alternative, something similar from the quality shoemakers (alden, c&j, g&g, etc), but do any one of them make a high zip black leather boot?
I have ordered a bespoke shirt from Proper Cloth, and I'm willing to do a review of the whole experience, complete with high-quality photos and stuff. Is there a thread for this already, or should I just start my own?
Separate names with a comma.