Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. stevent

stevent Senior member

Thanks, for some reason it didn't show up on the first page of my search. I am logged in to my google account though so maybe it thought that wasn't what I was looking for?

2. Bateman87

Bateman87 Active Member

Where do you guys recommend buying dress casual pants for a guy with rather skinny legs? I need black and khaki ones and they need to be versatile as they'll be my first real pairs so I'll be wearing them often for a while.

3. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

You may be able to find some Brooks Brothers Milanos on B&S if you search diligently.

4. scudinferno

scudinferno Well-Known Member

if you're a younger guy (like me) lands end will probably be your best bet based on price. Some people may scoff at that here but they make passable quality trousers for a good price. I purchased a pair of basic medium grey tropical weight wool trousers from them about a year ago and theyve been a great work horse for me.

Best of all they do make a tailored fit in a lot of styles. It may not be tailored enough for you but that's what the tailor is for.

I would recommend signing up for their mailing list and wait for one of their very frequent 30% off free ship sales and just order a bunch of stuff. They you can return by mail or at your local sears.

5. johnnylewis

johnnylewis New Member

Getting ready for a first pair of Allen Edmonds, looking at the Bayfield Boot for this winter. I've been researching the forum as best I can
    to get an idea of sizing.

For a basis, I recently purchased a pair of the Red Wing Heritage Iron Ranger....the 10D's fit me perfect with a good wool sock.

Any suggestions for the AE Bayfield...I'm thinking a 9.5E or 10E? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know I need to hop to a retail spot eventually but doing this pair via ebay

6. johnnylewis

johnnylewis New Member

That's just where I think I might be in relation to red wings and from what I gathered from research...but, I'm a real newbie on this
    The Red Wing Iron Ranger reference is the best I have and unsure how that size might translate to a bayfield

7. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

:lol:
    he doesn't have to look very far, does he?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011

8. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Here's a pic:
    [​IMG]

Anyone tell me what this is? Feels half canvas.

9. onix

onix Senior member

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011

10. onix

onix Senior member

Any fabric tag?

11. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

My guess that's a diffusion line for somebody. The tag looks youthful. The maker likely has a name starting with a V. Valentino? Boh

12. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

hey MC, just a quick question regarding Edward Green shoes:

would a 7 1/2 UK in Edward Green fit someone who regularly wears a 6 UK in Paul Smith? Paul Smith shoes usually run a size big so I sized down one size. I need a pair of shoes for a specific formal event and I found the most beautiful Edward Green shoes.

edit: it is a 7 1/2 D on the 202 last.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011

13. Laser

Laser Member

Label is St. Michael. Current auction price is 80 GBP. I've decided to pass though and search for a longer coat. Link to the auction in case anyone else wants it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXCELLENT...s=63&clkid=4650535529415335042#ht_3906wt_1037

14. ctk7

ctk7 Active Member

Good morning!

Does anyone know where I can find a scarf like this one in wool or cashmere?

[​IMG]

Thanks!