Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Senior member

The problem here is that your coat ends mid thigh. He's talking mid calf. That's a lot harder to do without looking baggy and bad...

2. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Senior member

should. It's the wet and dry that does some of the shrinking.

3. Poindexter

Poindexter Senior member

Fuck, don't put it in a washing machine. Hand wash in Woolite or a weak dose of dish detergent and lukewarm water. Rinse, squeeze out gently, and then lay the sweater down on a towel and shape and taper it the way you want it to be. This is called blocking. Let dry. It will take awhile.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011

4. T600

T600 Member

Hello every one

this is my first post and I am sorry for my bad english

I lost around 150 Ib and I am around 155 Ib now , My Height is 5'9" and my sleeve size is 33.2 inch and my neck size is around 15 , I do not know my size? I like slim fit and i bought some Medium slim fit shirt from banana Republic, But I prefer tighter . I am not muscular ...

Do you think small is good for me ( my height and weight ) ?
    I really appreciate

can I take picture with both sizes and you help me ?

5. acecow

acecow Senior member

You are very similar in size to me. Definitely go for a small.

6. T600

T600 Member

Thanks , can i ask you what is your shoulder size ? from joint to joint ? I worry about the shoulder size!

7. T600

T600 Member

Thanks

can I ask what is you shoulder size? from joint to joint ...

I worry about shoulder size

8. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

or looking like a flasher...
    O_O

9. acecow

acecow Senior member

I have no idea. Probably somewhere between 17 to 18 inches. I am taller and weigh more than you do. And I wear S. You will be fine.

10. john_berklee1

john_berklee1 New Member

Hi, I didn't want to create a thread for this if it's unnecessary, but here goes..

I found this Louis Vuitton bag less than a year ago at a thrift store, it's just been sitting in my closet. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me figure out if it's real or not? I've looked around, and I'm still not 100% sure. I have a friend who's interested in buying it off of me and I need the money right now for grad school apps.

http://s589.photobucket.com/albums/ss332/john_berklee1/LV Bag/ - so the thread isn't full of ridiculous pictures. :slayer:

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

11. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

The one I use most often is a giveaway from belk. I also have an old metal one my dad gave me floating around that gets used.

If you ever buy a pair of non-sneaker shoes new, they should give you one if you ask. It's useful to have a bunch around, too. I keep one in my dopp kit, and I have one in my computer bag when I fly so I can pull it out and pop my loafers back on after security. Pop 'em off, walk through, pop 'em on. While everyone else fumbles with getting their foot in, laces tied... But I digress. Plenty of perfectly useful shoehorns out there, and they're not pricey.

Gray would be fine. As for the tie, just about anything on the planet would be fine as long as it matches the shirt well and doesn't clash ridiculously with some other element. Khaki is a neutral color, after all. About the only thing I wouldn't wear with khaki is anything black or charcoal.

12. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

You know, I'm not a big fan of black neckties. Still, they do have their place, and not just at funerals. I think the sweater pictured would work well with a nice black tie, and wearing grey chinos doesn't do anything to take away from that.

Because chinos are relatively casual pants, and tie-with-sweater tends to be more casual than tie-with-suit, I'd go with a more casual black necktie. Say, a black silk knit. It'd cost you $15 from The Tie Bar - http://www.thetiebar.com/categoryPages/All_Ties.asp?pg=0&categoryIds=31,62,67&optionValueIds=

Not saying that black's the only good choice. Just that it's a choice worth considering.
    --
    Michael

13. Atleee

Atleee Senior member

Im about to purchase a dark (black/dark navy) shirt with white polka dots. I'm not unfamiliar with ties, but I have no idea what tie matches well. Im also fine with wearing bowties, what pattern should I look for with the shirt?

14. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Why not texture instead? You already have a pattern going on the shirt. Herringbone, grenadine, something...

15. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

:uhoh: