Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Picky, picky, it seems like a lost cause trying to justify not buying it. The aggravation from having to keep replacing it would be the only reason not to. Hey, buy two! That way when the hoodies steal the one you normally carry, you'll have a spare until the insurance pays out. Then you can re-buy another spare...

2. Texastyle

Texastyle Senior member

Which tie would you guys choose to go with this jacket? (Other suggestions are welcome as well). I'm supposed to be going to a "holiday" cocktail party so this is the only jacket I have besides a full on suit.

This is the jacket- [​IMG]

These are the ties
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I feel like the red one goes with the Christmas theme a bit more, but I don't know if it clashes with the jacket.

3. zanderman

zanderman Well-Known Member

Anybody here able to get deals on Mabitex, or other slim pants? I would rather ask someone directly than waste time on B&S.

4. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

What colour shirt and pants will you be wearing?

5. acecow

acecow Senior member

+1.

But I'd work around the green/gray tie.

6. wing8tesqw

wing8tesqw Well-Known Member

Chocolate brown corduroy sport coat.. I'm thinking about navy blue elbow patches. I would like opinions on 2 items:

1. leather or suede patches?
    2. round or rectangle patch shape?

thx

7. zanderman

zanderman Well-Known Member

Always round, IMO. And I would do suede, though a really matte leather might give the same effect and be more durable.

8. Texastyle

Texastyle Senior member

Sorry I should have added that. White shirt and probably dark fitted jeans with my pair of strands. I'm trying to decide if I can pull off a pocket square and what color it should be. I'm bad about being too matchy matchy.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  9. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Do it yourself. Saddle soap and polish, if the polish alone won't do it. I really, really doubt you'll have to completely strip and redo the finish.

As for the heel and sole, it's not recrafting. It's a full sole replacement. Take the old leather sole off, attach a new one, and put a new heel on, since the heel has to come off for a new sole anyway. Recrafting involves refinishing the upper, replacing the cork footbed (if applicable), and in the case of Allen Edmonds, replacing the welt. As for the price, that's really good. Probably not a great quality sole, and the stitching is probably done by machine with no attention paid to how close the stitches were on the original sole and welt.

10. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Just picked up a vintage croc belt (from Etsy). What steps should I care to condition it and care going forward?

11. facet

facet Senior member

I would prefer the grey/green tie as well. But the red one would look good as well if you're looking to be a bit bolder; I wouldn't think it would clash. Both look nice either way IMHO.

12. Philip

Philip Senior member

does anyone know anything about the quality of Our Legacy tailoring?

13. missileblitz

missileblitz Active Member

I normally wear size 9.5 (UK) wide fitting (EEE) shoes. I am currently contemplating buying the Loake Pimlico Chukka, but I am currently unsure if they will fit me as they are F wide boots. I have researched a lot from this forum, and people have stated that the capital last (last used in the pimlico model) is quite wide. Can anyone help me in my sizing dilemma?

14. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I am looking for a slim fitting dress shirt that I can buy from an online site, I have checked mrporter.com and I did not like anything. I have also gone through RLBL and RLPL and I like one shirt from RLPL but its a french cuff and I was planning on wearing it without a coat. Can anyone recommend me a site? Thanks in advance.

15. acecow

acecow Senior member

I don't know anything that slim online. If you're opposed to MTM, I'd suggest getting some slim fit TM Lewins or whatever the other cheap British brand was called and adding darts to them.