• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get some new shoes and am looking into C&J Benchgrade. Are there any other brands of shoes that I should be considering at that price range? I'm looking for shoes with a level of sleekness similar to the 341 last.

Bubble water

Reaction score
I am looking for a nice slim fitted shirt or long sleeve polo from Ralph Lauren / Tommy Hilfiger etc.
Anyone here has some good ebay sellers who don't sell fakes? Since there are so many fakes out there I decided to ask it here to make sure it is not a copy.

Thanks in advance!

wogmail

Reaction score

What is the third button hole for on the lapel? Is it a three button OR two button suit, or is it just how it is pressed?

Please forgive my ignorance.

herrport

Reaction score
100 % lana, 55 % poliester, 45 % viscosa.

Is that good quality for a suit?

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm looking to get some new shoes and am looking into C&J Benchgrade. Are there any other brands of shoes that I should be considering at that price range? I'm looking for shoes with a level of sleekness similar to the 341 last.

Not sure how sleek the 341 last is, but if you are looking for shoes that aren't bulky, then consider Grenson Rose collection. They are my favorite shoes by far. The pair I've been wearing for 2 years most frequently still looks like new.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've read good things about grenson rose here, but has the line been discontinued? I see no mention of rose or the 96 last on grenson's website nor does pediwear have any stock in my size (6F UK)

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've read good things about grenson rose here, but has the line been discontinued? I see no mention of rose or the 96 last on grenson's website nor does pediwear have any stock in my size (6F UK)

I heard they were restarting the Masterpiece line and dropping the Rose... I'm not sure if that had happened already. I haven't looked for any new shoes lately, so I'm not in the know.

RicPac

Reaction score
would it be hard for a tailor to shorten my sleeves on a sportscoat if the sleeves have functional buttons??also would it be possible to take out a button? i need the sleeves shortened by alot.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

would it be hard for a tailor to shorten my sleeves on a sportscoat if the sleeves have functional buttons??also would it be possible to take out a button? i need the sleeves shortened by alot.

Easier to get a new coat.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Possible? Yes. But will be very expensive. He will need to shorten from the shoulder or redo the cuffs completely. Either way will be expensive and most of the time would not be worth it.

johem

Reaction score
I have only recently started to build a wardrobe from scratch, and as this is the first time I've really cared about what I'm wearing, I need some help to point me in the right direction.

First quick question: I'm wearing mostly dark and black jeans (occationaly gray jeans and beige chinos), and want to buy a pair of shoes and an outdoor jacket (probably a pea coat) for the winter. What color combinations would work well, and what should I avoid when buying said items?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads