Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Senior member

10 or 12 bucks to ship them back, likely less than your time is worth. I had to iterate through two sizes before I got one that worked, but if I had actually measured a pair of pants that fit then I would have been able to skip the returns. Jamison's measurements are usually spot on. Understand if you want to try them on, but his stuff seems to be pretty great quality for the price point.

edit:spelling is hard

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  2. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

3. RicPac

RicPac Senior member

where can i get a nice white dress shirt?? i want quality, i had a thomas pink but it just fits me so big.

4. acecow

acecow Senior member

Around $150. Also, J. Crew might be a decent idea.

5. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

I cant pull the trigger. I already own 3 coats and I other items are more urgent.

6. deburn

deburn Senior member

Thanks Sanguis. When you say "in most cases, be able to press out the old crease" under what circumstances would the crease not be able to pressed out?

I asked because many times I'll come across a suit that I really like but the inseam or sleeve length is short and there's no point in buying it's going to look like I altered it.

7. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Anyone know where I can find a brown gingham shirt? Brooks Brothers oddly only seems to offer that pattern for boys.

ModernTailor doesn't seem to have any that aren't Acorn fabric and that's too rich for my blood. Not sure I want to try a new MTM place just for one shirt either.

8. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

9. RicPac

RicPac Senior member

also who makes nice slim wool trousers?? i would like to buy a suit but dont really need the top right now so i would like some nice dark gray trousers.

10. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

If one were to wear trousers and a sport coat that are both grey, would it look better for the pants or the coat to be the lighter shade of grey?

11. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I say pants. But to be honest, I would try to avoid wearing two shades of gray if possible.

12. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

when do you put your nantucket reds away?

13. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

Howard Yount, of course.

14. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

i dont want this getting lost as the last query on a page

15. Foster7289

Foster7289 New Member

[​IMG]

Clothing refers to any covering for the human body that is worn. The wearing of clothing is exclusively a human characteristic and is a feature of nearly all human societies. The amount and type of clothing worn depends on functional considerations (such as a need for warmth or protection from the elements) and social considerations. In some situations the minimum amount of clothing (such as covering of a person's genitals) may be socially acceptable, while in others much more clothing is expected.

Clothing can serve as protection from the elements. Clothes can also enhance safety during hazardous activities such as hiking and cooking, by providing a barrier between the skin and the environment. Further, clothes can provide a hygienic barrier, keeping toxins away from the body and limiting the transmission of germs.

Clothing performs a range of social and cultural functions, such as individual, occupational and sexual differentiation, and social status.[1] A uniform, for example, may identify civil authority figures, such as police and military personnel, or it may identify team, group or political affiliations.

In many societies, norms about clothing reflect standards of modesty, religion, gender, and social status. Clothing may also function as a form of adornment and an expression of personal taste or style.

Clothing can and has in history been made from a very wide variety of materials. Materials have ranged from leather and furs, to woven materials, to elaborate and exotic natural and synthetic fabrics.

Not all body coverings are regarded as clothing. Articles carried rather than worn (such as purses), worn on a single part of the body and easily removed (scarves), worn purely for adornment (jewelry), or those that serve a function other than protection (eyeglasses), are normally considered accessories rather than clothing,[citation needed] as are footwear and hats. However, if functional due to local and weather condition and benefits your well being, footwear can be considered clothing.